Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i have seen before on other machines (and maybe the problem)
    1) tool magazine counter off that is there is a screen that shows what pockets are near the arm like 23 and 40 and lower magazine i add 60 to number so if lower is 40, its pocket 23 upper and pocket 100 lower and i walk around and make sure correct pockets by arm. if one off there is screen to correct it to correct pocket number. usually 2 screens for magazine counter and when both dont agree it will say parity error (a way of saying they both dont agree)
    2) tool preload and is still in the arm. if operator had a tool change problem like missing or expired tool, hit reset and did not back up program before restart than on restart than i have seen tool in arm put into spindle and program running with incorrect tool. if you restart program with tool in arm and hit reset, sometimes better to get the tool out of the arm usually M6 T-1 L2 (L2 is loop twice and get tool in arm out or put away) before backing up program to proper position and restarting.
    3) a gcode line still in active memory, even if go into edit and move cursor and then go back into memory as soon as you hit cycle start it will do first the line that still is in active memory, usually reset clears anything in active memory and also resets defaults like work offset G54, tool comp, G0 or G1 and feed rate zero, etc, so where you restart needs to restate what you need. for example on horizontal cnc with B axis rotary table program might restate B90. or what B position you need or it could be many pages back in the program. reset also can possibly clear tool magazine info (like what pockets are by arm and maybe what tool is in arm) if you was in middle of tool change you pressed reset
    not saying it is cause but pressing reset (which does certain things) and not restating modal commands and operator not noticing need to move cursor in program and not noticing line still in active memory, tool still in preload or in arm, etc has caused problems before
    most at end of program have a (to get tool out of spindle and tool changer arm)
    (your machine might be different)
    G49;
    M6 T-1 L2;
    M30; (or M2)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2013, that makes this a coldfire machine, yes? Those machines are super reliable due to the software being mature.

Have you checked your pocket / tool table to see if things are still matched up? In the tool offset page, scroll right until you reach the TOOL POCKET column. Hit enter and it will take you to a table with all the tools and pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Steelphil View Post
    Unfortunately that [key logging] menu is locked out from all customers.
    on a Coldfire machine, navigate to the USB device menu. Hit F4, and you'll see "Save Key History". Not all records are saved, it's like the last 1000 key presses or so.

on NGC, it's the same.

edit: there's also a setting for H and T code agreement, so if your machine pulls up T10 but is looking at H14 it will alarm. you might want to check if that setting is active, it can eliminate one source of error.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of ours had one of the roller switches in the sidemount, the one that counts the cogs going by, not the one that finds t1, got sticky.
    I cleaned it and got it going again as mine did if late on a Friday, Monday I ordered both switches and it has been good for several years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was this resolved?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizer View Post
    Was this resolved?
    It sucks when you don't know what worked or didn't. Would be nice if people updated their threads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It seems like the right thing to do, but sometimes life happens while your making other plans

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Damn, there goes my plans for lights out machining. What a huge liability.