What's new
What's new

New VF2 Power-Up Issue

beege

Stainless
Hi there.

Tossing this into the water to see if there are similar experiences and maybe solutions:

VF2 SSYT purchased from Haas in March of this year. NextGen controller.

Power on button is pressed in the morning, after a night of being off. The power case switch stays on, typically.

I hear the machine try to turn on, but the display stays black.

Turn off the main power, wait 20 seconds, turn it on, hit the power button in front, and all is normal again. I can run all day, no problem, Techs have been three times in the last two days, and seem stumped.

No error messages or alerts.

Any takers?

Thanks

I cant say that we have had that with any of our Haas's. We have some old Cincinnati's that sometimes the PC board edge connectors get dirty and act similar but not as repeatable, cure was to re-seat the boards and everyone was happy. I had something similar with a CAD station a few years back. Being these system are both electronic this may or may not shed some light. First power on it wouldn't boot, you heard hard drive running etc but not screen etc. Turn it off then back on and it would boot just fine and run to when ever. Hate to say it but we never figured that one out. Was told by some computer gurus it could be a memory issue or there was a component that was right on the edge of failing and being powered for just a little bit warmed it enough to where it worked. I think it was a component as when it got colder in the office we had to leave it on an little longer at the first boot for it to boot correctly on the next power up. Ended up just leaving it powered as much as possible.

Rick

Not the same thing, but just as a data point for you: My 2007 VF has had random start up issues since it was new, and every time it happens I just restart and it's fine. Sometimes it splits the screen in to 4 small screens with identical displays, sometimes it looks sort of like white noise, sometimes it hangs at the black blinking cursor screen, but it always reboots just fine.

Confidence inspiring, ehh?

Relay, maybe? Are you holding the power button down for a few seconds? Sometimes mine don't power up completely without a deliberate 4 second press.

Between the incomplete powerup and complete powerup, do they sound different? I bet there's a set of contactors not quite making it the first time, but doing it on the second time due to warmup.

The Haas guys will be back Monday. I'll mention these and see what they say. I'll get back to this if they find a solution.

I have the same issue with my 2018 MM2. Not an issue when it was delivered May 2018. This issue started after a NGC software update. Been through two software updates since that time and the issue persists. I think it's a line voltage issue. If line voltage is not within acceptable range (???), then the machine won't start up. Once it does start up, I can keep it on all day with no issues. Hoping Haas fixes this soon.

I had it also ,,,HFO came in and swapped the wild leg to the center connector and it stopped ... Remember you have to change all 3 legs and check the little green phase light above the connectors to make sure its phased correctly.

It's fixed now. I mean as of early September. I could have responded a couple of months ago. Haas replaced a board, updated the software, and we're good. I'll keep this thread in mind in case other issues rise. Thanks for the input!

power up issues on hass VF2

Hello i have a Hass VF2 1994 this morning when i'm trying to power it up, it won't fully power up. I turn on the breaker in the back then press the power on button the elect turns on but none of the pumps turn on, then on my screen all i see id two blinking square boxes in the top center of the screen. Help please

Back