next gen control get de bugged yet? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

2018 vf3ss ...made tool 2 in pocket 2 and pocket 40 randomly but that happened once. Had to clear it out. Occasionally some extra menu items are being left on the screen after moving to another menu. Probe locks jog out if you dont probe right 3 times. Sometimes the machine gets stuck in 'wrong mode' and wont do anything causing you to...press the red button. But thats it for issues. Not huge ones mostly annoyances. Machine is more machine that any other small haas i have seen. Impressive but not perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    SIM

What is your control SW version?
    Some 7 months ago I've had a couple really stupid bugs in that "current" version, one of which cost me a $200 endmill.
    Here's the software on the last 4 machines

2012 ST-10 L11.10C

2013 VF-2 VM18.13B

2017 ST-10 L11.29B

2017 Mini 100.17.000.1018

These last few machines I have to say have had few if any software issues...

...now go back to one of the last SL-10's they made before going to the ST- WoW...that machines software had plenty of problem, as did the machine. Took a bit over a year to get that one squared away. I swore several times it would be my last Haas...but that dam HFO (Allendale) kept doing right by me...really right by me.

Had one issue that while tapping, if machine alarmed out the spindle came to full immediate stop, as it should. But then Z retracted to the clearance plane. What happens when you retract the turret with a tap in the part?
    I was lucky IF the tap broke cause then I replaced it, touched it off, all good.
    When tap pulled out...if only a little we cross threaded part ruining part.
    If tap pulled out more then what the R clearance was, the tap smashed into the next part, ruining both part and tap.

Took awhile to figure that one out as it only happened when machine alarmed and it happened quick. Best was the factory telling me, no its not doing that.

Sorry for ramble, need more inf, let me know.
    Last edited by SIM; 05-03-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: I can machine parts, but spell lousy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIM View Post

2017 Mini 100.17.000.1018

Sim, PM sent.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have not experience with the old control. I have had a few bugs when probing where I will run the probe cycle and nothing happens and I have to do it over again. I haven't had anything other than that. I wish the response on controller was snappier as there can be a slight lag at times. I run cam and just load and go. Overall I'm happy with the control experience.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here's a nice one. Possibly related to that fucking drill cycle bug I mentioned earlier. BTW the drill one isn't even fixed yet. Asked one of the techs and it is listed as:

345 NGC-Mill WONT FIX/INVALID Error with G98 initial point return & G99 R plane return

This was reported 8/11/17. I like the wont fix/invalid part. Nice huh?

Repeat part we've done several times. On one face it uses my peck tap macro, since depth-dia ratio is high and we break taps trying in one shot. After some troubleshooting, I've figured you can't use either one G84 for each hole, or multiple G84's for one hole, at increasing depths. Otherwise after the tap reverses out of the 2nd hole, it will proceed DOWN instead of back up to initial level. Cool huh?

Tool holder pushed material out of the vise and luckily stopped just short of the spindle nose crashing into the vise. Lucky my guy decided to use a longer tool holder. (stubby one works just fine on this part... before)

And this crap is with software which is 1 month old. Tech upgraded it last month while diagnosing Z-servo oscillation.

G84 with multiple holes works fine, but don't use one G84 for each hole. If so, rapid to XYZ of new hole is required, or crash.

Works fine:
    G84 X0Y0 ZRF
    X1Y1
    etc
    G80

Crashes:
    G84 X0Y0 ZRF
    G80
    G84 X1Y1 ZRF
    G80

Instead need to do-
    G84 X0Y0 ZRF
    G80
    G0 X1Y1
    Z (Z IS REQUIRED TOO)
    G84 X1Y1 ZRF
    G80

I believe this is only while using DWO. Not positive though.