What's new
What's new

NGC machine losing connection to remote network drive

mmca

Plastic
Anyone have issues with an NGC machine not refreshing a remote connection?

The machine is still connected to the remote share, but it not updating the window correctly. So the directory listing is incorrect and disconnecting the remote share and reconnecting doesn't fix it.

I wish Haas had firmware up on their site for us to tryout.
Id like to see if newer firmware has fixed this issue, but would be nice to have the option to roll it back if it breaks other things.

Just a suggestion ( may or may not fix your issue )

Some equipment really should be on a fixed IP rather than dynamic.
Machinetools are the prime example of this!
You have no way to access the guts, no way to force the builder to change the guts, and no way to explain to your IT guy that this is what it it is and to just f'n live with it!

Fixed IP, fixed DNS server on 7 pieces of machines here ( Makino, Mori and Haas ), never had an issue.

Yeah, remote netshare. The folder had 1 folder and 6 other files. The sub folder had another 8 files, 4 nc and 4 png.

For now decided to just push the files to the machine using the local netshare.

Yep, mine does that occasionally.
I just exit the netshare directory for a couple seconds and when I go back in all is good.

I have a 2019 st35 lathe doing that right now. It started last week. The netshare screen is blank and the whole machine locks up for 15+ seconds when I try to access it. HFO did a free software upgrade, but it made no difference.

2018 mill is fine. Mill is ethernet, lathe is wifi.

I have a 2019 st35 lathe doing that right now. It started last week. The netshare screen is blank and the whole machine locks up for 15+ seconds when I try to access it. HFO did a free software upgrade, but it made no difference.

2018 mill is fine. Mill is ethernet, lathe is wifi.

Would it be possible to find out what version of firmware they updated you to.

We have narrowed it down to the Java not updating the display, as the Linux underpinning seem to still see the share. It would be nice to see if it worth getting an software update.

Back