What's new
What's new

Old 1991 Haas VF1 Tool Geometry Register Issue

Bruce Mowbray

Plastic
Hi Folks.
I have an older Haas VF1 that had a slight electrical issue, popped a tiny capacitor (repaired) on the CPU board which in turn erased my programs (not the parameters) and caused havoc on my tool offset registries. I was able to reset all of the location and tool length offsets to zero without any issue. The problem I am having is on the tool geometry, namely the diameter and wear side of the CRC offsets. I cannot get everything back to 0.0000. Some of the lines come up with a -0.000 and this causes issues with entering cutter comp values. If I add +.0050 to the -0.000 registry it produces a -999.9959 value. not the desired +0.0050. It works normally on the +0.0000 lines.
So, the question is, how do I change the -0.0000 to +0.0000? I tried adding up and down (99.0000 remember old machine) at a time to see if the counter ticks over to the plus side, which it does not. And I now have a flat ended finger. Is there a secret sequence of button presses that I am not aware of? How can I change the - values to +?

Thank you and stay well in these unusual times.

Bruce Mowbray
Springville, PA

Figured it out looking for something else :rolleyes5: If you enter the value you want to be in the register, with the number highlighted in the register, in this case -oo.ooo, enter 0.000 then hit F1 and it will change the value to a +000.0000. Yippie!! one for me! now onto another issue:sulk:

Back