What's new
What's new

Old Haas's -96-2000 - What beni of a CPU w/ Co-Processor & 9. or 10. firmware?

countryguy

Hot Rolled
I tried a post like this before... Been slow so I will try this again and ask among our 'Elder's of Haas' Short as I can...

OS 9 to 10 differences
Q: Is there any benefit of a 9.64N (final 9) VERSUS 10.34 (I think 10 final). As a operating system version on our 98 VF/4?

Coprocessor and Co-pro BIOS feature - 'what-tis' :-)

Q: Does the coprocessor and Co-Pro OS install do anything besides run the 1000 block look-ahead (as the white sheet lists this feature I think). Early HSM is what I think it's been called?

Q: Was this 1K look ahead even an option w/ 9.64? In short- is there a Co-Pro BIN file out there for 9.64?

There is just so little information on what V9 vs V10 offered to entice and what a Co-Pro really offers?

Why: Running the Haas in 9.64, no copro option, 5 axis mode (I installed the 5th setup) on a TRT-210. The simple 3+2 we do runs well enouth. But I wanted to understand if getting this thing a bump on the CoPro side would help any? Plus if we did wish to run some simple simultaneous in 5 axis.
Soo... if an upgrade from regular 9 to 10 does anything worthwhile in our config.

One thing to watch for is mocon to cpu versions. Some versions of mocon paired with older cpu versions mostly work, but rigid tap hangs per my experience, iirc about 9.21 to 12 something.

Thanks! Good to know! There are some docs and info around about matching.. We'll see. It's running I just wish we had more data... (engineer's... never happy with limited data).
GC :cool:

One thing to watch for is mocon to cpu versions. Some versions of mocon paired with older cpu versions mostly work, but rigid tap hangs per my experience, iirc about 9.21 to 12 something.

What is the recommended software version for the 1998-2000 era machines? Is there a software or hardware upgrade that is suggested or preferred?

Think my software is 9.50 on a 98 VF-0E. I'd have to look again and find the pcb assembly versions of cpu & mocon.

And to CountryGuys question, is anyone out there actually running full simultaneous 5axis on 98-00 era Haas?

What is the recommended software version for the 1998-2000 era machines? Is there a software or hardware upgrade that is suggested or preferred?

Think my software is 9.50 on a 98 VF-0E. I'd have to look again and find the pcb assembly versions of cpu & mocon.

And to CountryGuys question, is anyone out there actually running full simultaneous 5axis on 98-00 era Haas?

... To add to this- WE just ran some test moves on 5 Simul for a small part proposal. It does work. Zoom shows the correct movements. Then we ran the code too. So it seems to work 'ok' but it's buggy. There are thing that issue "door open alarm" and some odd stuff if you use the hand wheel.. We're learning. :-0

Just thought I’d add that my VF0E year 200 has

Version - 10.31N
Mocon - 11.00
00-09-22
Model - VF0E

Back