What's new
What's new

Original old Haas VF Prom/Bin Versions. Best? Worst? Feature/bug...

countryguy

Hot Rolled
I have been wondering this since we bought our Haas VF/4. A 98 VF/4 - The original CPU was a 9.49(?) I think..
The CPU I had to buy came w/ 9.64
I talked to a buddy to has a 98 VF/0 CPU brd. w V10.35(?) I think...

I personally saw enhancements on my 9.64 version from the older CPU pd.
Wondering if I should try to get into V10?

...and someone mentioned there might be a V11 out there for these? Any story here or that was the newer controller?

Thought I would ask here about these OLD Haas units and what version's folks thought ran best? If anyone has a copy of V10 I would be interested in getting (I think) :-)

...and MoCONs. I have a apare now as well. two different boards. 2 different MOCON versions. Yet the boards seem to have a datecode w/ V10 that is older than the older board w/ V12? A mystery to me...

for the most part any software above 10 version would do you no benefits. and without a parameter converter you would be doing yourself a great injustice. most of my later year calls when at haas were related to a jr tech trying to load the latest and greatest version. many times the new software was looking for hardware that wasn't in the machine ( sensors, IO inputs and outputs, ect) the parameter values greatly changed from software to software. there is a reason for that. but this is neither the place or do I have time to explain it at this moment. ( I'm running late for work) the mocons for the most part follow what ever software is in your machine. for example I have a vf3 1996 machine with a new 16mb processor. 9.64f software and running the original mocon with no issues. I have a vf2 SS that has 12 software in it and I have used a mocon from 1998 to troubleshoot a problem with no issues.

Thanks Sir,
Good to know. I understand now. As the machine evolved, so this the OS Firmware. That makes sense. Same on the MoCon board- Different Boards... different versions over a date range.

Might check into 10.35 if it's possible. I think there are some enhancements and bug-fixes that might be worth it... Just something for idle time.. (yeah...like never).

If Haas had not gone from the $5-6K upgrade costs to the $15K upgrade cost a College kid would have a Haas that he could start something with and roll right into newer haas when ready. At this point, I am rather sure I won't buy one again when he's ready to make a 'real' purchase.

Back