What's new
What's new

OT Stop parking your ***** Haas van outside my shop, your making me look bad!

triumph406

Diamond
Neighbour couple of doors down says

"You must be busy?"
I say,
"yes I am, what makes you ask?"
He replies
"Well the Haas van is parked in your parking spot fairly often, so I assumed you needed service on your machines"
I say
"I have Fadals, a Mori and a Makino, you've been in the shop, Seen any Haas's? but I suppose all cnc's look alike to you!. Have you ever heard me tell you or anybody else I needed service on any of my machines?"

"no I haven't"

"well last time was maybe 8 years ago when I had a Fanuc problem that an independant Fanuc service guy fixed"

The facility on the other side of the carpark seems to have the Haas van there fairly often. Gonna have to tell the Haas guy to f' off out of my space, your making me look bad.

If you ever see a Haas van with some Fadal graffiti on the side in Orange County, that was probably me.

XXXXX.jpg

Last edited:

"You must be busy?"
I say,
He replies
"Well the Haas van is parked in your parking spot fairly often, so I assumed you needed service on your machines"
I say
"I have Fadals, a Mori and a Makino, you've been in the shop, Seen any Haas's? but I suppose all cnc's look alike to you!. Have you ever heard me tell you or anybody else I needed service on any of my machines?"

"no I haven't"

"well last time was maybe 8 years ago when I had a Fanuc problem that an independant Fanuc service guy fixed"

The facility on the other side of the carpark seems to have the Haas van there fairly often. Gonna have to tell the Haas guy to f' off out of my space, your making me look bad.

If you ever see a Haas van with some Fadal graffiti on the side in Orange County, that was probably me.

View attachment 268456

I seem to remember something something about potatoes and tailpipes...

[Note: this trick does not work on Teslas or electric vans]

...I seem to remember something something about potatoes and tailpipes...

If you want to go this route the expanding spray foam used for insulation works very well. Put good shot up the
tailpipe. That stuff is a bitch to get out (don't ask me how I know)...:eek:

If you want to go this route the expanding spray foam used for insulation works very well. Put good shot up the
tailpipe. That stuff is a bitch to get out (don't ask me how I know)...:eek:

Then the Haas van would be permanently parked in his spot. Not a good look.

Not sure of why you would post this in the Haas forum, but I would turn it into a positive.

"Yeah, they here trying to figure a way to fit in a few new machines to keep up with the work load!" :)

"You must be busy?"
I say,
He replies
I say

"no I haven't"

View attachment 268456

Wait... you say have Fadals... as in plural... and you're going to bash Haas?:stirthepot:

I'll file this under strange what gets people wound up.
A note on the windshield that this is my normal parking spot and please park elsewhere may work.
People are creatures of habit and if this guy is coming to visit someone near you he may have picked this spot once and by habit does it over and over.
A little note is all it takes to change such habits, I don't see it as personal.

I tend to park in the same spot I first found when visiting plants.
Once I was told that that is not a great place as it is where the plant manager usually parks so a longer walk to the gate is advisable.
Heck, I didn't know but it came up in some internal staff meeting when said PM was having a bad day.
Bob

I don't get the Haas bashing (if indeed that is what the OP is doing?), but if he is in your spot, like Bob said, a little note, or find him and ask him to not park there....

I'll file this under strange what gets people wound up.
A note on the windshield that this is my normal parking spot and please park elsewhere may work.
People are creatures of habit and if this guy is coming to visit someone near you he may have picked this spot once and by habit does it over and over.
A little note is all it takes to change such habits, I don't see it as personal.

I tend to park in the same spot I first found when visiting plants.
Once I was told that that is not a great place as it is where the plant manager usually parks so a longer walk to the gate is advisable.
Heck, I didn't know but it came up in some internal staff meeting when said PM was having a bad day.
Bob

FFS, it's a joke, I thought it was funny when the neighbour connected me to the Haas van when I've never had a Haas, and never will.

You can see there's plenty of parking spots around,so it's not as if I'm seriuosly inconvenianced. Maybe I should have said it's a joke in the first post or added some emogies.

I’ve seriously considered making whistle tips outta’ sheet metal with angled tabs, so you can slide it into the tailpipe of a coworker’s vehicle, quickly.

WhooooooWhooooooo!

“It’s like an alarm clock!”

“That’s it & that’s all man, just for decoration.”

Back