OT Stop parking your ***** Haas van outside my shop, your making me look bad!
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1099
    Likes (Received)
    972

    Default OT Stop parking your ***** Haas van outside my shop, your making me look bad!

    Neighbour couple of doors down says

    "You must be busy?"
    I say,
    "yes I am, what makes you ask?"
    He replies
    "Well the Haas van is parked in your parking spot fairly often, so I assumed you needed service on your machines"
    I say
    "I have Fadals, a Mori and a Makino, you've been in the shop, Seen any Haas's? but I suppose all cnc's look alike to you!. Have you ever heard me tell you or anybody else I needed service on any of my machines?"

    "no I haven't"

    "well last time was maybe 8 years ago when I had a Fanuc problem that an independant Fanuc service guy fixed"

    The facility on the other side of the carpark seems to have the Haas van there fairly often. Gonna have to tell the Haas guy to f' off out of my space, your making me look bad.

    If you ever see a Haas van with some Fadal graffiti on the side in Orange County, that was probably me.

    xxxxx.jpg
    Last edited by triumph406; 10-29-2019 at 09:08 PM.

  2. Likes Milland, sfriedberg, PeteM, LockNut, Mark Rand and 2 others liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    2,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1278
    Likes (Received)
    3682

    Default

    don't you have a forklift?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1768
    Likes (Received)
    5228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Neighbour couple of doors down says

    "You must be busy?"
    I say,
    "yes I am, what makes you ask?"
    He replies
    "Well the Haas van is parked in your parking spot fairly often, so I assumed you needed service on your machines"
    I say
    "I have Fadals, a Mori and a Makino, you've been in the shop, Seen any Haas's? but I suppose all cnc's look alike to you!. Have you ever heard me tell you or anybody else I needed service on any of my machines?"

    "no I haven't"

    "well last time was maybe 8 years ago when I had a Fanuc problem that an independant Fanuc service guy fixed"

    The facility on the other side of the carpark seems to have the Haas van there fairly often. Gonna have to tell the Haas guy to f' off out of my space, your making me look bad.

    If you ever see a Haas van with some Fadal graffiti on the side in Orange County, that was probably me.

    xxxxx.jpg
    I seem to remember something something about potatoes and tailpipes...

    [Note: this trick does not work on Teslas or electric vans]

  5. Likes triumph406 liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1099
    Likes (Received)
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    don't you have a forklift?
    lol,

    If the driveway to the street wasn't so steep I suppose I could get the neighbours forklift and park the van around the corner.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1099
    Likes (Received)
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I seem to remember something something about potatoes and tailpipes...

    [Note: this trick does not work on Teslas or electric vans]
    I was thinking more along the lines of a fish on the engine block

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    994
    Likes (Received)
    595

    Default

    Limburger cheese on the exhaust manifold.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Langley, B.C.
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    341
    Likes (Received)
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    ...I seem to remember something something about potatoes and tailpipes...
    If you want to go this route the expanding spray foam used for insulation works very well. Put good shot up the
    tailpipe. That stuff is a bitch to get out (don't ask me how I know)...

  10. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    2,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1278
    Likes (Received)
    3682

    Default

    tie a piece of hose around the driveshaft.

  12. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    don't you have a forklift?
    Or a paintball gun ?

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    453
    Likes (Received)
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LKeithR View Post
    If you want to go this route the expanding spray foam used for insulation works very well. Put good shot up the
    tailpipe. That stuff is a bitch to get out (don't ask me how I know)...

    Then the Haas van would be permanently parked in his spot. Not a good look.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny South West Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10573
    Likes (Received)
    3220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    tie a piece of hose around the driveshaft.
    The really fat (like 1/2" wide) zip ties will make a vehicle shake at anything over 5mph.

    Uh, so I've heard.

  16. Likes Larry Dickman, dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
  17. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    120

    Default

    Not sure of why you would post this in the Haas forum, but I would turn it into a positive.

    "Yeah, they here trying to figure a way to fit in a few new machines to keep up with the work load!"

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1984
    Likes (Received)
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I seem to remember something something about potatoes and tailpipes...

    [Note: this trick does not work on Teslas or electric vans]
    Bub Rub and the whistle tips!

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1127
    Likes (Received)
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Neighbour couple of doors down says

    "You must be busy?"
    I say,
    "yes I am, what makes you ask?"
    He replies
    "Well the Haas van is parked in your parking spot fairly often, so I assumed you needed service on your machines"
    I say
    "I have Fadals, a Mori and a Makino, you've been in the shop, Seen any Haas's? but I suppose all cnc's look alike to you!. Have you ever heard me tell you or anybody else I needed service on any of my machines?"

    "no I haven't"

    "well last time was maybe 8 years ago when I had a Fanuc problem that an independant Fanuc service guy fixed"

    The facility on the other side of the carpark seems to have the Haas van there fairly often. Gonna have to tell the Haas guy to f' off out of my space, your making me look bad.

    If you ever see a Haas van with some Fadal graffiti on the side in Orange County, that was probably me.

    xxxxx.jpg
    Wait... you say have Fadals... as in plural... and you're going to bash Haas?

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1768
    Likes (Received)
    5228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldCar View Post
    Bub Rub and the whistle tips!
    Argh, you just made me waste precious seconds of my life finding out what that meant. The only way to recover is pass on the pain, so here goes: Bubb Rubb | Know Your Meme

  21. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
  22. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    390
    Likes (Received)
    6475

    Default

    I'll file this under strange what gets people wound up.
    A note on the windshield that this is my normal parking spot and please park elsewhere may work.
    People are creatures of habit and if this guy is coming to visit someone near you he may have picked this spot once and by habit does it over and over.
    A little note is all it takes to change such habits, I don't see it as personal.

    I tend to park in the same spot I first found when visiting plants.
    Once I was told that that is not a great place as it is where the plant manager usually parks so a longer walk to the gate is advisable.
    Heck, I didn't know but it came up in some internal staff meeting when said PM was having a bad day.
    Bob

  23. Likes Mike1974 liked this post
  24. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    3,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1539
    Likes (Received)
    1764

    Default

    I don't get the Haas bashing (if indeed that is what the OP is doing?), but if he is in your spot, like Bob said, a little note, or find him and ask him to not park there....

  25. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1099
    Likes (Received)
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    I'll file this under strange what gets people wound up.
    A note on the windshield that this is my normal parking spot and please park elsewhere may work.
    People are creatures of habit and if this guy is coming to visit someone near you he may have picked this spot once and by habit does it over and over.
    A little note is all it takes to change such habits, I don't see it as personal.

    I tend to park in the same spot I first found when visiting plants.
    Once I was told that that is not a great place as it is where the plant manager usually parks so a longer walk to the gate is advisable.
    Heck, I didn't know but it came up in some internal staff meeting when said PM was having a bad day.
    Bob
    FFS, it's a joke, I thought it was funny when the neighbour connected me to the Haas van when I've never had a Haas, and never will.

    You can see there's plenty of parking spots around,so it's not as if I'm seriuosly inconvenianced. Maybe I should have said it's a joke in the first post or added some emogies.

  26. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1984
    Likes (Received)
    359

    Default

    I’ve seriously considered making whistle tips outta’ sheet metal with angled tabs, so you can slide it into the tailpipe of a coworker’s vehicle, quickly.

    WhooooooWhooooooo!

    “It’s like an alarm clock!”

    “That’s it & that’s all man, just for decoration.”

  27. Likes TeachMePlease, Rewt liked this post
  28. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, Central Coast
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2187
    Likes (Received)
    1374

    Default

    We need a bigger emoji selection

  29. Likes Milland, Zahnrad Kopf liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •