What's new
What's new

packing a used VF3 for transport

astropaulo

Aluminum
I'm packing up a VF3 I won on auction and I was wondering which hole on the z axis the anchor plate bolts into. Also there was some L brackets, but I'm not sure where those came from. Any other words of advice would be great. Also, how is the controller strapped back?

Thanks

I moved a vf 2 last week
My spindle bracket bolted to the tee slots and there was a tapped hole (only empty hole) that it bolted into

For the screen I like to plastic wrap it lots using the wrap to pull it up twatds the arm. Then a light ratchet strap to know the hanging weight is supported.

Then I load the machine onto 4x4 or 6x6 rigging dunnage and use chains/boomers to cross pull the casting. Making Damon sure the chains are over the footing lips and tight. Ten one chain or heavy duty strap across the top of the casting for good measure (sharp edges, use proper strap guards if strapping)

Now I take heavy duty rubberized tarps (ones specifically for transport) and toss one Around. Ratchet strap secure. Then one on top, ratchet strap secure.
DO NOT be cheap on the tarp straps. Or they will way in the wind and just shred. A good rigger should have proper tarps (for a fee)

Enjoy the new machine!

We just hauled 2 vf2 out today. All we did was re-attach the original shipping bracket for the Z axis, and secured the control panel. Riggers tarped and everything else. Oh, and these were a little newer so the control pendant is attached to the front of machine, not hanging from the arm like the old style.

Back