What's new
What's new

Permission Denied when copying to (User Data) dir

CharliePrince

Plastic
I'm not well versed in machining lingo but am confronted with the situation below, please bear with me

We recently purchased a new Lathe - Haas with Netshare, Next Gen Control. We are copying a file to the Haas Drive's (User Data) folder from a network PC. The problem we're seeing is random and intermittent.

When things are working smoothly we can repeatedly overwrite existing program files on Haas Drive's (User Data) folder without problem. However, occasionally when we try to delete or copy-over the file a Visual Basic (70 Permission Denied) error is displayed on the PC we're copying (from).

To me, it seems that something on the Haas device if holding onto this file, the file in it's (User Data) folder that we're trying to delete or copy over.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

This (URL below) is the error message we're seeing if of any interest
Permission denied (Visual Basic) | Microsoft Docs

Its a text file with instructions telling the Lathe what it is to carve if that makes sense.

I do not know what a 9000 file is but. . A section from one of the files contents looks like this (below)

Code:
M08
X5.5500Z.050
G71P100Q101U.015W.005D2500F.015
N100G01X5.0330W.0F.0045
Z-2.8565
X5.0090
Z-6.5300U0.0000
X5.1090
Z-6.6240

I recently realized that we have another haas machine that does the same thing (creates the 70 Permission Denied) error when trying to copy / orverwrite a file that exists on the Haas network drive - across the network - and this other machine has had this behavior for a few years. At this 'other machine' the operators have been 'manually deleting' the file on the haas device using the fancy haas panel

Are you running the programs from user data or do you copy them to machine memory before running them?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

What is the name of the file on your PC?
The Haas accepts the same file name as it is on the PC side without regard of the actual contents.
IOW the NextGen control does not interrogate the incoming file to find an Oxxxx as the first line, rather takes the file as-is and names
it as the original was in it's directory.
Ergo, if a file with the same name exists on the control AND it is active in MEM or EDIT mode, it will NOT allow it to be overwritten.

Back