What's new
What's new

post Processor repair- Several user ranges of Macro Variables are MIA! 98 VF/4 9.64N

countryguy

Hot Rolled
title is wrong. I do not know how to correct it? and I'll apologize in advance for being all over the place on this. Long few days trying to get up post CPU upgrade SOLO... (ref. thread on support on older units and unite!).

Story: My CPU board went bad. I did repair it, (see lower case 'g' cpu thread and how to repair from june 2018). I bought a spare and it's OS 9.64N. Macro Vars would not write. would read, but not write. System confused on parm restores. etc.

I WIPED most of this post
. It went into a state where I tried to follow the steps for VF4 OS reload.... Seems the BBU ram clear worked fine.. .but then I whacked the Flash RAM. yeah.. I did. guess ya don't do that. So.... unless someone knows how you recover that... (Haas visit I assume?)

MACRO VARS REPORT for older haas ? Now sure what you get to see on CRT screen?
FROM THE WOLF PREZO IN THE WILD- MACRO VAR's listing. 2000.
Appendix D – Macro Variables
Variable # Function
#0 Not a number (read only)
#1-#33 Macro call arguments (local variables)
#100-#199 General purpose variables saved on power off
#500-#699 General purpose variables saved on power off
#700-#749 Hidden variables for internal use only. I swear my 6.49N OS showed these.
#800-#999 General purpose variables saved on power off

Attachments

• MacroVarOutput.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I deleted all the 9000 programs, re-loaded the original macro variables, (with CRC error)
and then reloaded all my 9000 programs.
changed the #700-703 to #140-143 as they seem open for use in the original file.

No avail.
Talked to a buddy. Not sure where to turn next except call Haas. Definitely something amiss.

I bought a spare and it's OS 9.64N.

#700-#749 Hidden variables for internal use only. I swear my 6.49N OS showed these.

Umm .....

btw, not sure Haas will be much help with this. I set up a Mitutoyo cmm for a friend once, there was a copy-machined set of instructions with it in a box of junk. Ran through most of it, had a question or two, called Mitutoyo.

"So I did section a, b, and c okay but at d ..."

"What are you talking about ?"

"The instructions for setup and adjusting, says Pub 147-99 across the bottom ..."

"Where did you get that ?!?!" telephone slamming down ...

They don't really want you to know anything these days. It's not like 1975.

Back