Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Program back up

Sorry to be a one way street when it comes to asking for advice and not giving but I'll admit I'm out of my league.

we have a TL-2 and TM-2 that I'm needing to back up all of the files on I thought I was following the steps I found hereMachine Data Backup (Mill16.xx and higher and Lathe 9.xx and higher) - CHC

but I don't know if I am missing a set or its just the way it is but is there a way to save so each program is a file in itself? I managed to save all so the programs are in one file but I really don't want to go through manually and separate out the programs and copying the programs one by one isn't an option either 300+ programs on each. unless there's a way to select multiple programs at once but I've only ever been able to have one program asterisked at once I've attached a snap shot of the settings where the version and all that jazz is

img_1561.jpg

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did it not save it as a .zip file? on the NGC it creates a .zip file to separate the program files in one file use a program called notepad++ it a really good text editor

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Vermont
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Upgrade to NGC..JK NGC is a downgrade. I was in the same boat as you when I started saving backups. Now that we have a NGC I wish I had the option to save them all as one txt/nc file. I've only had to reinstall all the programs once on the older machine. Ctl C Ctl V becomes old real quick. It is also extremely annoying to forget the % when copy and pasting from the large file. If anyone knows how to save all the programs as one file on a NGC let me know.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just swop controllers

here is how to merge files using notepad++

This is from: 5 Ways To Combine or Merge Multiple Text Files • Raymond.CC

-----------------------------------------
    Use Notepad++ to Combine Multiple Text files

While the option to merge a number of text files into a single text file is not available as a standard feature in Notepad++, it can be added in by making use of the internal plugin system. It also works in a different way because only text files which are opened as tabs inside Notepad++ will be combined.

To do that download Notepad++ and install it or extract the portable version, run the program and go to the Plugins menu > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager. Find the Combine plugin, check its box and click Install. After a compulsory restart of Notepad++ open all the files you want to merge and then go to Plugins > Combine > Start.

notepad++ combine plugin

The Combine window will pop up and offer to insert the filename and a line of dashes before each text file and a line of asterisks with optional line feed after. By pressing OK a new text file will be created in Notepad++ with all opened text files combined, save it out as a new .TXT file. To rearrange the merged text you can drag around the file tabs to the preferred order, they’re ordered left to right is top to bottom.