What's new
What's new

Programmable Coolant Nozzle

Drewdt3

Plastic
Hi All

Can anyone point me in the direction of an exploded view of the black box type programmable coolant nozzle? Better still a service/repair guide.

Drew

7505-14-large.jpg

Best bet is to just use a 4# sledgehammer on it and get a new one...when they work they are great, once they have issues it's a nightmare.

Sledgehammer is my go to tool�� the motor is turning but not the nozzle, I think someone must have tried to yank at it. Just trying to see it its gear drive thing or just a broken belt

Drew

Best bet is to just use a 4# sledgehammer on it and get a new one...when they work they are great, once they have issues it's a nightmare.

I agree. I had one start acting up. What a pain in the ass. I must have had it apart 6 times.
I was able to get it to work. But, the longest it would go without acting up again was about a week.
I replaced it with a new unit, haven't had an issue since.

Also Drewdt3, that one you have pictured is an older unit. Pretty sure you have, what? 18 positions?
I am 90% sure, if you replace it, you will be able to open that up to 34 positions.

Loose it and do a aftermarket coolant ring or build your own .. I have two mills with the P-cool and turned one off over a year ago to see if i really needed it on the new mill ... with the coolant jets mounted up higher above the tool they come down at a LOT less angle and just your normal Haas jets is all one needs anymore ... Been running the new mill for the last year with out P-cool and have not had to even adjust the jets after the first job ...

you just need to replace the 2 micro switches , and adjust them. that's all that really ever goes wrong with them.

you just need to replace the 2 micro switches , and adjust them. that's all that really ever goes wrong with them.

Usually I'm 100% with you...but if the nozzle gets yanks or bangs the gear just doesn't seem to lay nice anymore.

Had a gent hit it when using the 210HRT 4th. I called in Haas, they changed the switches, adjusted...worked a few days, I went in read adjusted worked for a bit. Did that several more times. Guy whined about no P-Cool no P-Cool. So next time they were out I had a new one installed. Worked great again...week later I notice hes playing with coolant hoses...seems he wacked the arm on the 4th again, decided to say nothing...neither did I.
When he left...I bought another.

If I recall the pinion gear on motor runs a quadrant sectional gear that the nozzle is connected to

It first must find the home position, all the way up, then it counts down.

If a place is lost it can jam against the end of the throw.

Back