Pros and cons of moving the tool setter to left side of table?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pros and cons of moving the tool setter to left side of table?

I was curious if there is any cons about moving the tool setter to left side of table on a vf2ss.

I did it last week after 11 years. mainly cause I have a job that runs on the 4th axis h210 and it takes up most of my table and cant set short tools to clear sheet meta;. then when I need to have a vice on I have to run super long tools or take the 4th off. yeah i have the extended Z tool setter part but its not worth putting on as most work is for the vises.

now my 4th is right on the very edge of the right side of the table and I can use a vise at the same time.

because its wireless I do loose about 4 inches of travel on the left side of table which isnt a big deal because the tool setter , but was thinking of possibly moving the sensor thats bolted to the right side of machine on back to left side and turning the tool setter 180 and gainging about 3 inchs.
    Has anyone done that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

rotate the tool setter 90 deg, so the stylus is pointing outward and the window is still pointing to the right.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My toolsetter is on the back left corner, pointing forward with the window to the right. I have a TR160-Y on the right end, a 6" vice in the middle, and a Lang pallet station on the front left. It all fits and works together well, over four years so far no problems.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post
    My toolsetter is on the back left corner, pointing forward with the window to the right. I have a TR160-Y on the right end, a 6" vice in the middle, and a Lang pallet station on the front left. It all fits and works together well, over four years so far no problems.
    oh you have the probe pointing forward thats not a bad idea. Mines pointing left and on the upper left corner of table.
    would you mind posting a pick of your table? I would like to see that lang pallet and the vice

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mine

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    oh you have the probe pointing forward thats not a bad idea. Mines pointing left and on the upper left corner of table.
    would you mind posting a pick of your table? I would like to see that lang pallet and the vice
    I also cut the top back corner of the TR-160Y off at 45 degrees, rewelded it, and moved the cable connector to the bottom. Much better clearance.

vf-3ss-setup.jpg