What's new
What's new

received new vf-7

imder

Plastic
Hello I just received a new vf-7 but what is the procedure when they install it? what test should they do? what calibrations? also what is the accuracy it should hold (since it is not listed anywhere, and also what is the allowable planarity of the table)?
Thanks

machine needs to be leveled to a nats ass with no pressure on the middle feet. then bring the middle feet down so they just touch the pucks and recheck level. also while leveling run your Y axis in and out to see if there is any bow. you should use a precision level that is capable of .0005 per foot. then next jog machine to center of X and Y axis. using a .0001 indicator mount it to the spindle for a 10 inch circle ( 5 inch radius) spin it it needs to read with in .0005 if not you need to lightly adjust the feet to get your tram.

There are YouTube videos out there as well... They really helped my Son and I. It's a PIA having never done it before (For us anyway) but like everything else... you figure it all out. We absolutly needed the level hoss suggests (and is also used by most in the videos). good luck and congrats on the machine. Is it new-new 2020 or new to the shop and something older?

Haas comes to you place and levels it for you are you supply correct power and air.
It’s included in the price if you bought a new machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also if you open the electrical cabinet door, on the inside of the door is the inspection sheet.

You just need to have air and power hooked up to it, Haas comes out and does everything else.

It was not listed that way a few years back.. that's the same guy! LOL (Haas techs are the real all-powerful grey's right 51 classified now ??? )
:D

Download to an MP4 b4 it's g o n e

Here is the URL for the doc set:
Leveling - VMC

Mondays... blah!

Back