Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DethloffMfg View Post
    I was worried about it before mine was hooked up. I have the Phase Perfect, two buck transformers (my Japanese machine likes 200V) and a California Air Tools compressor in a wooden cabinet I made that encloses front/sides/top and leaves the back open with a 4" gap from the wall. The compressor is separated from everything else so it doesn't heat them up. Both the compressor and the phase converter are really quiet, but having the cabinet is a nice improvement, and heat has not been a concern at all.

Once I turn my machine on the fan on the spindle goes on, which also is not loud, but as soon as that fan turns on I can no longer hear the PP. I had the same concerns. As soon as things turn on, you won't hear the PP.
    Got it - thanks for the extra info. I'm getting at PT330 one way or another so I'll see how bad the hiss is. I have a crawl space near the shop I can probably locate this if necessary. Thanks for the info on the HP and the noise - very helpful!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i run a Haas VM3 and a surface grinder on a PT380. Good unit. I will add a few notes.

Buy a larger unit than you need. If you buy one mill you will need 2. plan for the future. These units will run multiple machines. The second thing that I would recommend is to have a phase loss or under voltage protection device seperate from the phase converter or machinery. I had a board go once in my converter. The board that also monitors output. L3 turned to 370 VDC pulsing at 30KHZ. The result was REALLY REALLY BAD!!!

I spent 2 weeks finding and replacing boards on equipment. The down time with the cost was really bad. It all could have been avoided with a stand alone voltage/ phase monitor circuit. To top it off, those circuits are not even that expensive and you only need really one on the output of the converter.