What's new
What's new

Record job cycle time/date

Carboxyll

Plastic
Hello,
I have a VF2 with NGC and currently reading files off a network location. We run nearly 50 unique jobs a day and for QA reasons would love a time stamp report of when a job was cycled.

Is there an M-code or some clever way of time stamping these jobs to a .csv, .txt or something?

I can see when the job was accessed on our network, so I may write a program that logs the accessed (by HAAS) time to a .txt but this isn't 100% as the operator may just be viewing the code not an actual milling.

Thanks!

you can write to a variable start time and stop time but no magic it writing it down for you that i am aware off. operator can write it down or record on a computer easy enough.
everyday i record it in excel file and it automatically averages time. if average per last 100 parts is 8.5 hours and i took longer i write down why it took longer than average as when there are no problems like broken tooling the time should be less than average time. thus i look for repeating problems and make note next time job is run try to correct what is causing repeating time delays. inexperienced people often are surprised at if something slowed down and problem stops happening it often saves 10x more time. for example slow drill and it takes a minute longer but then you stop wasting 1 hour dealing with broken drill bits

Hello,
I have a VF2 with NGC and currently reading files off a network location. We run nearly 50 unique jobs a day and for QA reasons would love a time stamp report of when a job was cycled.

Is there an M-code or some clever way of time stamping these jobs to a .csv, .txt or something?

I can see when the job was accessed on our network, so I may write a program that logs the accessed (by HAAS) time to a .txt but this isn't 100% as the operator may just be viewing the code not an actual milling.

Thanks!

On the NGC you can DPRNT directly to a text file. Have it spit out almost anything you want to the text file. Can record the part number and date, time, cycle time, etc. (see date/time example here: https://diy.haascnc.com/sites/default/files/Locked/3/G47_DATE_TIME.PDF)

Setting 261 to 'file' and tell it where with setting 262.

Back