What's new
What's new

Recovery frozen

yoozer

Plastic
Our VF4 manufacture date: Dec 2016.

This morning, it alarmed at Power On: 9100.021 Non Resettable Software error.
Reset did nothing. After some research, just Powered off, then back on.
This time, a different alarm: 2066 Tool Changer Home Position Fault.
Followed instructions to recover from DIY Haas. During recovery, it has
frozen at 33%.
Called HAAS customer service, and they suspect a software problem (even though a rep came
out a few months ago and did a software update).

So currently we are waiting for the service guy to call and let us know when he will be here.
Likely not till next week.

It's been frozen at 33% for a couple hours.

Can I safely just power it off? Anyone heard of a freeze up problem like this?

Thanks

should be fine to power off.

also, shift-recovery will give you more options on how to deal with the problem next time

might just be a bad switch.

Greetings. I work at an HFO.

So when that guy did the software update did he load the correct parameters and configuration files into the new software? What is the current software? You should also make sure to update the I/O configurable tables, which is easy to perform and overlook by mistake. Question Is that classic or NGC?

Greetings. I work at an HFO.

So when that guy did the software update did he load the correct parameters and configuration files into the new software? What is the current software? You should also make sure to update the I/O configurable tables, which is easy to perform and overlook by mistake. Question Is that classic or NGC?

Haas technician was here this morning, and he updated the software, and now everything is working again. He did say that the guy that did the previous update a few months ago loaded the incorrect version. :ack2:

I only have about 6 months experience on a CNC. So I did not even know how to determine what software version I have now.... I went into System, and it says Release 100.17.000.2045 and Platform RevD_R23.0202

I don't know how to update the I/O configurable tables, but I will google it.

We have NGC.
Thanks for your input.....much appreciated!

Back