What's new
What's new

Replace T Slot Table

arj3090

Plastic
Has anyone replaced their T Slot table on a Haas mill? We have a TM-2P with a cut in the table where an end mill went down too far. I did some searching but did not find anything about replacing the table.

You "could" do it, but why? No real harm has been done (except to the ego of the person who did it), and the cost, downtime, and likely loss off accuracy from trying to fit a new or used table onto the machine just don't seem sensible.

My biggest concern is that we are in the process of selling the machine and a 12mm wide by 1mm deep cut in the table doesn't look very appealing. As long as a clamp doesn't apply pressure directly in the cut, it remains only a cosmetic concern.

You’ll spend more than you are going to make most likely.
Heck, a grand off for a small slot in the table? Used market will love it!

Haas will probably sell you a replacement table but you will end up just losing money if you are selling it. It's juts a tool in the end.

If you have good epoxy you can mix a batch with iron trailings from your grinder to make a steel based filler and with the table cleaned well you can fill the void then place wax paper on it, then a flat plate to allow to cure flat top.

After cures use whatever needed tooling to dress it flat with table.

It will almost color match but the area will be supportive for use if epoxy was good stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Don't fix it.

If I were buying it and saw that the previous owner attempted to hide the damage, I'd be suspicious of what else was wrong with the machine.

You could mill in a insert and hide it...Phil

c189795344196890669c3ef2b2db4d13.jpg

I second the mill it out and insert, someone had cut a hole in a mill i bought, only thing wrong with it had a vise mounted over it. Dumb as me never moved the vise when i ran it. Anyhow i should have countersunk the bolts and plugged them used a scrap of durabar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15k is a damn joke. Is that for real? Almost half the price of a base machine
That was the quoted price for a new table and installation. Needless to say, we didn't opt for it.

I was thinking a new table couldn't cost more then a few grand, so I got hit with major sticker shock when the quote came.

I'd opt for the milled repair over an epoxy repair. The damage can be seen as an embarrassing mark on the machine that might call into question other unforeseen issues, but a milled insert shows a skilled repair that eclipses the mistake and returns 100% functionality (if done right).

Back