What's new
What's new

Rotary Grid Offset problems 2016 VF-6 with HRT310-P3

Mark K Smith

Plastic
I am having trouble setting machine "A" axis zero using "Rotary Grid Offset" function in settings. Manual is less than clear on how to do it and every time I try the "A" axis zero stays the same. It's properly configured and functions just fine, I just want to be able to set machine zero true to my removable Trunnion table every time I remove and install it. Seems like a simple procedure, but I am failing at accomplishing it. I managed it a couple of times but the latest go around has me stymied. Any help appreciated.

I'm assuming this machine is NGC

move your rotary to whatever zero plane you're trying to set

what you want is to change is the Tool Change Offset (in Settings -> Rotary)

at the top of the page, highlight the rotary you want to tweak. hit INSERT rather than ALTER (Alter is for after software version 19.1400).

It will ask you if you want to set the TC offset. Hit yes, then re-zero the axis. Voila

That worked great, thank you. How do you view the software version? This machine was purchased in 2017 and I looked through different screens and couldn't see it. Is it only shown at boot up? Will have to mark up my 2016 REV A operator manual as its procedures are NOT correct.

Software version can be seen in Diagnostic -> System

100.19.000.1401 is the software that machines are shipping with as of today.

AFAIK, the "grid offset" is used for internal calculations to set a known distance from a home switch. When homing, the axis wants to travel a certain distance before hitting the home switch. If there's not enough distance (set by the grid offset), then it throws an alarm, something like "Zero Return Margin Too Small"

Last edited:

Back