What's new
What's new

Spindle crash, don't know reason (Haas VF3, I think it's fanuc)

DjangoR

Plastic
My probe (renishaw) has crashed today, it was not for away from the material and when I pressed Cycle Start it just "fell" in Z axis. The problem is that I'm not sure why.

I’m sure that I went from MDI to MEMORY and then I pressed Cycle Start, which should start a new program that was there, means: spindle going up, changing tool, etc.

I was trying to figure out what could I possibly did wrong and the only thing that comes to mind is that I went to “Hand Jog” and then I pressed Cycle Start. Is that could make the spindle go rapidly down in Z axis?

Is there any chance for a problem with the machine that cause that?

Without being at your machine I can only guess. The only thing that comes to mind is you might have the setting for Reset Program Pointer turned off.

If you're in the middle of a program and hit Reset it will not reset the program to the beginning.
If you hit Cycle Start it will run from whichever line it is currently at, which in this case may have been a Z move.

Doesn't the probe rapid to near the part, then go into safe mode and approach closer before doing the routine? Maybe your Z0 was set too low and it rapid moved down? Big Brother Haas has a black box inside the control at least on the newer machines, you can look up exactly what you did and what the settings were in the control to know what happened.

If it’s fanuc your programs won’t rest like a haas. You have to press edit then rest with haas you press reset it resets Also your probe parameters might have to be re-calibrated. But from my experiences it’s always operator error. Unless the machine sags in the Z.

Back