What's new
What's new

Haas VF3 rapid jog by holding an axis jog key

tinki_winki

Plastic
Hello!

I want to ask if the machine is capable of being jogged by pressing and holding an axis jog key. I need to jog it that way in rapid feedrate, also to be able to select slow feedrate and jog it in that feedrate.
The problem is that the machine would be used in millimeter mode. From what I read and watched, you are able to select the following feedrates: 0.1, 1.0, 10.0 and 100 mm/min. So if I want for example 60 mm/min I will select 100 mm/min and then adjust it to 60 via the +-10% keys. Nothing is mentioned for rapid jog, and the maximum work feedrate selected via the % keys , i read, is 200%, yielding 200 mm/min. With 200 mm/min it will take forever to go anywhere fast. If the machine is used in inch units, then the fastest speed that way is 100, resp 200 ipm, which is more than enough for crude rapid positioning.
I do not want to use the rotating handle jog instead of holding an axis jog key , I use it in very few situations. With it, it is much slower to first look at the keys, then select axis, then think and imagine in which direction the machine will go, and I make more mistakes. I am not full time cnc programmer nor operator, I do these things occasionally...
I do not have the machine near me and cant try it to behave as every other machine. It will be delivered to us in a month or two and by that time i should make some decision in which way to set it up.
Good solution is if someone should change a parameter to make the 100 mm/min button to be 3000 mm/min. I also thought about the possibility to set up the machine in inch mode, then change it back to millimeter mode when i need to input values, but it would be a pain.

I set up the other machines the following way: rapid jog near the workpiece, like 5000 mm/min, then slower to come closer, like 300 mm/min, then touch it via the rotating handle jog
, or make some chips with 50 mm/min.

Thank you for your time!

Back