What's new
What's new

ST20 Lock Out Tool Cahnge When Probe Down

athack

Stainless
Hello,

Is there a way to prevent an accidental tool change when the probe is down? We have broken the tool probe and never want to do that again.

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent an accidental tool change when the probe is down? We have broken the tool probe and never want to do that again.

Thanks for any help.

I too have a ST-20 and I also would like to know.

One option is the setting that forces you to jog in x or z before you can rotate the turret. At least it keeps you from mindlessly rotating into your probe.

Hello, I have the option to jog before turret index turned on. Somehow I still have had the turret index while probing. I believe what may be happening is somehow the wrong probe cycle is in midi when I tell it to probe. Therefore the turret indexes to the correct tool before probing. Sometimes the probe arm takes a scratch and other times the probe arm is bent. One time the arm was broken and I had to take apart and make new part.

I think turret should not be able to index unless in the home position while the probe arm is down. oh well until I figure out a solution I am confirming correct tool and pocket every probe cycle.

A little late to the discussion, but we have an SL-20 that has the solution on it. Someone (we bought the machine used, 2008 SL-20) made a neat little cover to block the ATC buttons on the control. Swing it out of the way to index the turret, swing it back in the way to block the buttons. If anyone would like, I can get a few pictures of it.

Haas 1.jpgHaas 2.jpgHaas 3.jpg
Nothing too fancy. I sometimes wish it was spring loaded, so it automatically closed. But then I see how much of an issue that could be as well.

Back