What's new
What's new

Starting a Class action suit against HASS

lilb93

Plastic
When the battery dies and you loose your serial number for your HAAS machine the want you call there service dept and of course charge you. You have already apid for the machine and paid for the use of there software. If the CMOS battery dies does Microsoft tell you to call there dealer to turn it back on? I think not.

Please call John Grutza Interstate machine. 570-875-8407 if you have interest in being party to this Classs action Suit. Thank You

They won't tell you how to do it, but you can fix this yourself. However, I don't think you can get the options back without access to the Haas server.

When the battery dies and you loose your serial number for your HAAS machine the want you call there service dept and of course charge you.

Well, if they charge you to turn the option back on, then your beef and the class action suit is against your HFO and not Haas.

First off, the unlock code is fixed to your SN and it never changes.
You should be able to re-enter your SN on your own, and then re-enter the unlock code on your own as well.

If your dealer charges you for phone support, then that is on them.

When the battery dies and you loose your serial number for your HAAS machine the want you call there service dept and of course charge you. You have already apid for the machine and paid for the use of there software. If the CMOS battery dies does Microsoft tell you to call there dealer to turn it back on? I think not.

Please call John Grutza Interstate machine. 570-875-8407 if you have interest in being party to this Classs action Suit. Thank You

What a fing moron, class action suit = lawyers get all the money, you get NOTHING!

What is the law suit for??

Your not having backup and program for your machine or that Haas wants to charge you for them if you lost and do not have? Or is it to install the lost information?

Or is suit to feed some lawyers?

It is Haas that will NOT let the local provider give you the setup over the phone. Spoke to Haas and they do not give a damn. As for lawsuit's Yes lawyers do get a large share of it. I was part of the class action against EXXON Comp USA. They pulled the same thing screw the little guy. It took 15 years and all the way to the Supreme Court. We won 1,000,750,000.00 there was some who opted out, could never figure why. We ended up with 425,000.00 each clear who were in business over 20 years.
Gasoline Station Owners Win 15-year Fight Against Exxon - tribunedigital-sunsentinel

So it's HAAS' fault people don't think to write their serial numbers down? Shit, just sharpie it on the side of the controller.

Why don't they keep records for insurance purposes anyways?

Go ahead sue them it seems that's all people do nowadays. As much as I do not like Haas I hope they win because unlike the lawyers who put people out of business they actually supply jobs and give people something to do 5 days a week, besides isn't it your own fault the battery died? I don't know much about Haas but if the battery died on one of my Supermax's isn't that my fault for not doing the proper maintenance?

Like the OP said about Microsoft, yes they will tell you to buy another licence if you don't record YOUR information. Quit being a whining little baby and own up to YOUR mistake. Every serial number and software key for every thing I own is in a file on my backup drives and paper copy in the safe deposit box.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Serial number is stamped on the tag on the back of the control.
Are you referring to the unlock code?
Called my local HFO when I bought a used machine and it was throwing a code because the DSPO has reloaded/reset stuff to hide the total hours. They gave me the code, no problem at all.

Never had any issue like this from Haas, or the local HFO. I'm not sure this is going to fly very well.........

There is just too much wrong with this post...:crazy:

What happens is the control will lose the parameter that holds the serial number which is the key to unlocking the options that you paid for. You cannot just enter the serial number, the control has to be reinitialized. Then you can enter the serial and the option codes and it should work. However, if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner, there is a good chance you don't have those codes. Haas can look them up, but they won't give them to you. You have to call out their service guy.

I just had a battery replaced. It annoyed me for 2 months with a warning before I finally changed it. About another 2 weeks and I would have been in your shoes.

Guess whose fault it would have been?

Edit: FYI, when the tech came to replace the battery he told me the Next Generation Control has a mechanism to replace the battery yourself without losing anything. No solder.

However, if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner, there is a good chance you don't have those codes. Haas can look them up, but they won't give them to you. You have to call out their service guy.

That's not correct!!!

As long as Haas Automation has it on their record that the machine with said serial# is paid for in full ( as in Haas Automation is paid in full )
then the unlock code is released to the local HFO, who in turn will release it to you.

I have a 2nd hand Minimill, during battery change parameters were lost ( including serial ) and the original owner did not write down the unlock code.
HFO gave me the code over the phone...

All other Haas-s I own have the original paperwork with each and every purchased unlock code typed onto the parameter printout in the accompanying binder.

So, as far as I'm concerned the OP is SOL with this class action lawsuit, I recommend going back to ambulance chasing for a little while longer.

I've got all my codes written down on the inside of the electrical cabinet along with a backup of parameters and settings and a copy of the instructions for reinstalling the operating system.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

That's not correct!!!

As long as Haas Automation has it on their record that the machine with said serial# is paid for in full ( as in Haas Automation is paid in full )
then the unlock code is released to the local HFO, who in turn will release it to you.

I have a 2nd hand Minimill, during battery change parameters were lost ( including serial ) and the original owner did not write down the unlock code.
HFO gave me the code over the phone...

I only have seen this on a '96 machine. On that machine you could not enter the serial without re initializing the control. Someone here did teach me how to do that, but Haas will not.

Haas will sguash this lawsuit if it ever happens like a fly. There's probably some dipshit lawyer out there who might take this on.

Back