What's new
What's new

T-Oil skimmer's for older (late 90's) Haas 55Gal white tanks.... or ?

countryguy

Hot Rolled
Hi folks- So the Son is busy w/ the 98VF4. Been running well and I'm sort of the Janitor and Maintanance guy now that it RUNS--- Wondered what folks are doing on these older units?
His coolant tank has a cap o' crud startng after a few weeks. I tried to skim out by hand w/ a bit of success , but I would rather just stick in a skimmer and aerator and walk away.

I found this post that shows a Haas ADO480 sliding in at a downward angle...
Haas Oil Skimmer Installation AD0480

So I was thinking of the 12" skimpy or the 9"? (link to one below). I will go put in a tape measure at 12" and 9" to judge... but thought I would ask here what folks do? Or anyone using one of those disc types?
The skimmer will need to go into/over the large oval hole across from the pump (11 x 5.25 inches)

12" SKIMPY BELT Oil skimmer FOR CNC LATHE OR MILL - NEW - Made in USA skimmers 798304364453 | eBay

The longer one gives you more room and bucket choices, mine are wired to run when the machine is running and I move them from machine to machine, they are mounted to ammo cans with a few rocks in them.

KEwl.... I ended up buying the 'skimpy' brand just to be done... The product has a mount and setup specifically for the oval hole in the tank top.. Good fit and we're off!

Back