What's new
What's new

Testing repaired Vector SPinle. Can I leave the Motor Drive DC of? How to Q.

countryguy

Hot Rolled
Putting on a new post. but part of the longer thread on Vector repairs below. (my ID on post). Yep.. I am officially afraid to power it up w/o a little insight from the team here.... :ack2:

I need to stick this Vector drive in and am just wondering what I may or may not leave off?

Mr. Hoss - Hope you can weigh in here... I'll connect most of it all up, hoping to leave the Motor drive DC off? Just power up... and check the voltage on the two DC lugs for the motor drive connections on Vector drive terminals before those go back on.

Should I leave the Spindle wires off too.. and just check the terminals at power-up (ready for reset?). Just rather green to the non CPU TTL stuff.

Anywho.. if all else, Connecting up the spindle, and 1 motor drive unit. (will pull jumper to isolate the others).

TIA.
GC.

Ok leaving the 340 vdc to the axis drivers off is no problem. you can also leave the motor leads off of the spindle motor as long as there are no spindle commands, Including power up restart.you should be able to check most of your voltages except the spindle motor power. you should be able to check your 340 vdc as well.

I thing I forgot to mention, is that with the 340vdc not hooked up. after you are done with voltage checks. the unit should stay off at least 30 minutes as there is nothing to discharge the capacitors . so it you should give it much more time than normal to discharge.

SHE's ALIVE. So far so good. See other thread (long thread) for any particulars on the rebuild for the Haas 15/20 white vector spindle Assy.

Hoss710 - Thanks Sir! A few of us owe ya- Much appreciated having you here. PS- I tried to send you a PM back... but no clue again if it went? Nothing in 'sent' as I had an idea.
2 jobs -plus a farm (animals, 3 tractors, yadda-yadda) so keep up the good fight. :-) Time to go fix a tractor. (limit switch).

Jeff & Mitch, again, a big THANKS for the help.

I thing I forgot to mention, is that with the 340vdc not hooked up. after you are done with voltage checks. the unit should stay off at least 30 minutes as there is nothing to discharge the capacitors . so it you should give it much more time than normal to discharge.

Back