What's new
What's new

Thrust pack dimensions

friesen

Cast Iron
Does anyone have outside dimensions of the thrust pack and the two holes for the bearing retainer? This would be for the standard 32mm ballscrew thrust pack. I plan to change mine, and would like to build a couple tools first, and since I only have one machine I'd like to make the tools first.

I already have the bearings, tritech cnc stocks them and some other useful haas parts.

We had our thrust bearings replaced on our vf-4 x axis. I watched the tech do it. This was about 4 years ago. Seemed pretty easy, don’t remember any special tools. Bearings come preloaded. He changed them out then had a gage ball with grease he put in the center drill hole on the ball screw to check runout and was done, probably 1/2 hour of work beside outting way covers back on.

t we just did our X bearing assy and the tool link below worked really well. It's all put back together or I'd get you a measurement.
We squared off (by grinding) the smaller dowel side of the wrench (link below) to allow a firm fit on the retainer nuts. Worked really well on the bearing retainer notches. We also used a standard ER32 collect wrench on the bearing support side nut which fit the notch too for holding on the opposite side.

adj. spanner (I use for hydraulic cyl. rebuilds usually).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFFR9RR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Back