What's new
What's new

TL1 enclosure

Dan77

Plastic
Hey everyone, I have a 06 TL1 I've owned since new and have used the hound out of it, it's paid fo itself many times over. The only gripe I've ever had with it is the mess it makes. So my question is has anyone on here ever built an enclosure to keep the mess inside and if so would be willing to share pictures or sketches of what you've done?

Plexiglass and long skinny metal hinges from home depot is what you need. Contain the tornado like a bridgeport mill

Sent from my _Phone to you

We took some aluminum channel and made essentially a gutter along the front of ours, running slightly downhill into the coolant tank. Attach it with a few bolts or cap screws, just drill and tap right into the base. Helps quite a bit. A large pan underneath catches what comes out everywhere else. By large, I mean large enough for the entire machine to fit in.

I would think about modifying the "door" - stupid little flip-up chuck guard thing... I can't hate it too bad, that thing has saved my head a couple of times. LOL What I hate about it, though, is it always rains coolant when you open it. Perhaps an additional lip on the underside to make the coolant drain off to one side instead of dribbling into your hair... but that's theoretical at this point.

Back