What's new
What's new

TM series

majohnson

Cast Iron
For the last last year I have look on and off for either a TM or a Mini mill. The downside is most of what I can afford all have 11000 - 20000 hours on them. I know there are a lot of variables in buying a used machine but what kind of hours are these small Haas mills good for on average?

I have seen several with over 200000 hrs on them running strong. it's like a car. maintenance is key.

We have 6 of these machines that have survived 14 years of my programs going thru them so I would say that are good machines.

Curious question from a different side, but relevant... Just got a new mini mill 2, it won't see many hours over time, but what, generally, are the first wear items replaced on older, high usage machines, maintenance wise.

How far into the machine does the maintenence get (minus electronics/goofy shit).... Ways? Ballscrews? Spindles? At the price of new vs used, seems like after many years and hours it'd be wiser to invest in a new machine. Am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

if it has the umbrella tool changer, and depending on how often you use the machine. they need occasionally love ( mostly cleaning, and lubrication) the screws and liner ways need cleaning and lubrication. the spindle is pretty hardy unless you seem to crash it a lot. I have had to replace 2 turret rotate motor gear box assemblies on 2 well used machines. Mostly keeping them clean and well lubricated is the trick.

Back