What's new
What's new

TRT70 on VM2

Chris59

Cast Iron
My work is considering 5 axis jobs. We make small medical parts. So either TRT70 or TRT100 possibly.
Question: looking at the specs it appears to me that we could put it at the far right of our VM2 and still have room for a 6" vise?
We'd have to upgrade our CAM, and add 5 axis option (only have a 4th axis option on the VM2).
Fixturing is another question.
Heck, I don't know what I don't know. Insights?

My work is considering 5 axis jobs. We make small medical parts. So either TRT70 or TRT100 possibly.
Question: looking at the specs it appears to me that we could put it at the far right of our VM2 and still have room for a 6" vise?
We'd have to upgrade our CAM, and add 5 axis option (only have a 4th axis option on the VM2).
Fixturing is another question.
Heck, I don't know what I don't know. Insights?

I just pulled a TRT160 off one of the VM2s at work, and I did have a 6" vice right next to this , however the gimble does get really close to the main spindle because of the height, really good little 5 axis rotary, it was more accurate than the UMC500 I have just fixed so now everyone is using the UMC

Thanks for the reply. It's good to see an even larger 5th axis still allows for a 6" vise. Been going over the specs online and saw the max work envelope for the TRT70 was only 1" x 1" x 1 lb. Yikes. Our parts are medical and generally small but some plates and instruments can be larger. So only looking at the TRT100 now.

Back