What's new
What's new

Tsudakoma 4th hookup to brush style Haas VF3

bigjohnsonbikes

Plastic
Hey guys, I got a Tsudakoma 4th rotary table for almost nothing, I'm wondering if you can help me get it hooked up to the machine. I have the 4th driver on the Haas that works with my Haas 5c rotary, and the Tsudakoma has the same 17 pin plug on it. When I connect it to the Haas mill I get alarms right away, no movement or anything. I think the alarm is the temperature high alarm. Anybody know what I need to do or change to get it to work? I was told it was run with a Haas mill before I got it.

Thanks!

yeeeaaah, Hold on putting the plug into the socket for now IMO. Couple things to get you digging into the specs- What year is your Haas? Do you have the AC to DC Brush option installed on your 4th? For example, our old TRT210 is a DC Brush type motor. There is a special transformer like device that interconnects to allow the AC drive to run the DC Rotary. You may also find that this unit will require the Haas rotary controller? (it's a box that connects between 4th and Haas). And do you know the pin-outs or have a manual for the rotary. Step 1 IMO- find out if it's an AC or DC motor inside it. And 2- What is your Haas 4th wired up as.

Back