What's new
What's new

UMC-750 & Renishaw 40-2; switching to metric, recalibrating & changing probe tool #

Fully Defined

Aluminum
UMC-750 & Renishaw 40-2; switching to metric, recalibrating & changing probe tool #

I changed setting 9 on the UMC-750 today, switching to metric. That bricked the probe calibration.

I also want to change the tool number used for the probe from 40 to something else, so I thought I might have to calibrate anyway. NBD!

The problem is that none of the easy-to-find videos on YouTube or forum posts start with establishing what tool number is used for the probe, so I am forever on step zero. I am happy starting from scratch, but I really also need to go backwards and I don't know what to do next.

For the record, everything worked fine (except I think the calibration was bad) with the probe as tool 40 prior to changing setting 9, and I want to calibrate the probe as tool 99 or tool 1 or any other tool number - just not tool 40 like it is now.

Really, I just need to know where to start. Again, everything worked fine (sort of) until I switched to metric.

Back