What's new
What's new

UMC-750SS 3 Axis work envelope ?

TraderRick

Plastic
Hello, I am new to CNC and have been manufacturing small aluminum parts for the last couple of years.....I am ready to upgrade to a new VMC and have a question regarding the UMC-750...

I currently use 3 axis to make all of our parts, but I've been thinking that if I'm willing to spend a large amount on a new 3 axis machine, I may go ahead and purchase a 5 axis now....I'm confident of being able to learn the programming eventually and it will allow us to make more complicated parts in the future..

I'm just wondering if someone could give me an idea how well this machine would work for 3 axis until I am proficient in the 5 axis? Will I be able to utilize all of the 30" x 20" travels for 3 axis?

I just can't help but feel the 3 axis are becoming somewhat obsolete and are still a chunk of change....I'm the kind of guy that will spend more to prevent that....

thanks in advance for any help!

UMC750 is going to have a big hardware update soon, might want to wait until that happens. Go UMC1000 with the new hardware and you won’t need to worry about space so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just 3 axis? You could, but the table is only 20". You can fit two 6" vises on it. If you wanted more space by building some kind of subplate, you'd need to be very mindful of clearance should the C-axis be rotated. Plus the probe can get whacked. (if B or B&C moved)

That extra X-travel comes into play mostly when you're rotated at B90. All that Z-height at B0 is now X when rotated. Center of table is approx X-11. for reference

UMC750 is going to have a big hardware update soon, might want to wait until that happens. Go UMC1000 with the new hardware and you won’t need to worry about space so much.

Do you have a source for that upgrade? My Google-fu is lacking on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back