What's new
What's new

Used Haas controllers/communication

vr6exy98

Plastic
I am looking at purchasing a used TM-1P/ Mini Mill for my garage and would like to know what years to look for as far as controllers and communication go. I plan to use a flash drive for all my file transfers. Been researching for a bit and read that pre-2008 controllers could get pretty pricey if they need a replacement.

In reality a used machine that will accept a modern workflow. Fusion 360> Flash drive or RS-232 Port/DNC Link> Haas controller.

I bought USB floppy drive emulators for all of our non-usb haas machines. These are sold as purpose-specific units for around $200us or as embroidery machine units for around $50. You have to partition the usb drive in 1.44MB partitions. Three of our emulators only access one partition. One of our emulators lets you access any of 1,000 partitions.
The partitioning software that come with the unit is janky, but works.
Overall, the data transfer is mostly reliable, but not 100%.
If your time is valuable, get your unit from a reputable supplier with support.

I bought USB floppy drive emulators for all of our non-usb haas machines. These are sold as purpose-specific units for around $200us or as embroidery machine units for around $50. You have to partition the usb drive in 1.44MB partitions. Three of our emulators only access one partition. One of our emulators lets you access any of 1,000 partitions.
The partitioning software that come with the unit is janky, but works.
Overall, the data transfer is mostly reliable, but not 100%.
If your time is valuable, get your unit from a reputable supplier with support.

I think they are the same as the $15 ones that ebay offers arent they? Believe thats whats on my machine.

Back