What's new
What's new

Used haas inspection service

jimfranks

Plastic
Can you hire a haas tech to look over/inspect a used haas VMC? If not where would be a good place to find someone that can do this service? Thanks!

I know this comes up time to time and it's hit and miss on what is out there, and for me it was about the machines location. a) It depended on where the machine was. example: If it's in Chicago area- Several local places I could suggest. Other major cities and areas seem to have local sources you can dig up too. google CNC machine inspection and some locations where you are looking. If in some small industrial park in BFE, it'll be hard/er After learning the ropes a bit, I started looking at machines where the inspection was local and not too expensive for T&E. The better ones will have a suite of levels for you.. up to ballbar inspections and reports. (we'll mine did). Good luck.

I'd wonder about a conflict of interest...if company selling machine buys lots of Haas machines and uses the HFO services are they going to offer a blunt no nonsense answer to the buyer they do not know from Adam. Kinda don't sh$t where you eat.
I could be 100% off base...but something I have wondered about when I tried to have HFO go take a look at a machine for me.
It may be better to use a well respected private service tech...preferably one not used by the company selling.

Now what I found to be very helpful from the local HFO is they can provide you with service history of machine. Some machines, like mine are serviced by the HFO and they keep a record of work done, parts etc. Expect to see a few limit, proximity switches, servo motors, amps...older machines vector drive power supply etc. Normal age related stuff would not scare me. When I see several visits for ball screws and nuts, sheet metal replacement and axis realignment I think maybe its time to keep looking.

Where is the machine located?
These days some recent video of the spindle and axis running a full speed, can tell you a fair amount. Bad spindles and ballscrews, bearings are usually noisy.

I totally agree SIM. I did not plan on an HFO based service call, nor did I use the sales vendor due to the COI point you make. absolutely spot on. Had an outside CNC service come in. Ohhh,.. and to the post below, the sales guys were will to put up Video of the machine running and going to the basics if I preferred.... So that is a good point as well. all I know is I found the machine in a location where I knew I could get an outside guy in there to be 100% my inspector

Anyone interested in earning a proper wage in the Lancaster area for helping me me out? :)

*Lancaster PA sorry I forgot there are dozens of Lancaster areas..

Back