What's new
What's new

VF2 Coolant tanke clearance and skimmer

Djstorm100

Cast Iron
Have a new VF2ssyt coming in 2 weeks. Been laying out the shop but I haven't been able to get a creditable number on, is how much room do I need for the coolant tank to service it/clean it?

With oil mist spindle, I'm looking at nexgen coolant filter. Anyone else have this how well does it work?

We have a VF-4SS with the same 55 gal tank. I am not sure of the accessibility on a VF2 vs. our VF4, but here are some pics that may help you. We have the 300 PSI TSC option as well as the auxiliary filter.

The Coolant tray is on wheels and it can roll out directly from the back of the machine, or, to the side (where the scrap hopper is on my picture) once you have cleared the hoses/lines/cords.

Take care with your hoses/lines/cords. Our team sometimes forgets to unplug the power on the Haas Skimmer and we have bent the prongs on the cord a few times.

We have the Haas skimmer on our VF, but we have the NexJen on our ST-10 lathe. We mounted to the back of the machine. You could do the same on the VF if there is enough surface area, even if you have the same setup with TSC/filter, you should be able to run the pick-up assembly lines where the removable tray is shown.

I would say it works OK. Maybe it's the coolant we are using (Oemeta Novamet 900 - which we like a lot from a "coolant system" perspective), but, the oils and fine turnings almost seem to emulsify and suspend in the coolant mixture and don't often separate enough for us to use the drain tubes on the NexJen. This requires separating the coalescing section and cleaning.

We get a lot more use out of our mill so it's not a truly fair comparison. Congrats, and good luck.

NexJen Skimmer.jpgTray.jpgHose Cautions.jpg

Back