What's new
What's new

VF3 with lube pressure alarm

Toot Uncommon

Plastic
We have a 1995 VF3 with lube pressure alarms. I've taken the covers back and do not see any excess oil anywhere, and level isn't going down quickly, so I don't think leak is the issue. I've been looking at the manual here (https://www.haascnc.com/content/dam...glish---vf-series-operators-manual---1995.pdf) and I'm confused on one thing. Toward the back in the schematics page 9, it shows input 13 has low oil level only, but on page 14 it shows low oil AND pressure conditions on the same input. What is it? Do they share the same input?

I’ve run into that issue on my ‘94 VF2. Turned out to be a bad connection at the automatic oiler. Everything worked fine, it just wouldn’t pump.

If you pump it a couple times manually and it holds pressure for a bit you need to find out how to get the pump running again, if it looses pressure right away you need to find the broken line, mine was behind the "Z" way covers, hard to get to was never tightened enough from the factory to crush the ferrel and lock in the plastic line.

There is a pressure switch near the oiler. It is just like an old Ford switch that senses a pressure in the oil lines. That is the other reading the machine senses. If it does not get that signal it will throw that alarm. You can literately get that switch at your local auto parts, as it was used for years connected to thee brake master cylinder to turn on your rear break lights.

If you want to check your system, just set up a camcorder/phone to record for about a half hour or less to see if the pressure jumps up then slowly goes away, If it works correctly then your will know it is the switch.

On my '91 VF-1 the switch is located on the machine side of the sheet metal that holds the oil tank. It has a gauge and the pressure switch is adjustable. It is wired in series with the oil level so either one failing will give the alarm.
P1010112.jpg

No, it may be a cluge though. The yellow wires went to the micro-switch on the end of the adjustable pressure switch but it does not work so I bypassed it. Actually replaced it the way it was. I had to take off the mounting plate to replace the homing connectors then found the oil line was held in by the check valve on the outside screwed into a F-F taper pipe fitting on the inside which screwed into a M-M taper pipe which screwed into a cross tee taper pipe (which holds the pressure gauge and switch) and finally the fitting for the oil line. The F-F tapered pipe never tightened against the panel because it is not a bulkhead fitting which, I found they do not make.
Mine does not have the option of oiling when the spindle is running, only timer.

Back