What's new
What's new

VF4SS chip auger

klemchuk

Aluminum
Does anyone here know how of if there is a way to run the auger with the doors open. Machine is 2019 VF4SS.
If it is possible can someone please enlighten me as to how to do it as cleanup without the auger is a pain.

Thanks

Does anyone here know how of if there is a way to run the auger with the doors open. Machine is 2019 VF4SS.
If it is possible can someone please enlighten me as to how to do it as cleanup without the auger is a pain.

Thanks
Find the solenoid to your door air lock and unplug it. That's it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

As9100d
he is half right

there is prox switches and lock pins on the new doors,,, on my 2018 vf2ss ( same system ) I just pluged off the air pipe back in the air lube cabinet and that stopped the lock pin then I put some like 1 1/2" by 3" by about 3/8" thick magnets from home depot and a little flat bar above the door handles and there just held there with the magnets and when the doors are all the way open the prox switchs think the doors are shut ,,, to manually load tools just close one of the doors a couple inches and the prox switch thinks the doors are open .......

the "only modification made to the machine was cutting like 2" of the air line off and folding it over and putting tape on it to seal it off ,,, if I even need to I can still just plug the air line back in and pop the magnets off and its back to stock ..

on the new DM2 I had to buy a second prox switch and wire it into the original switch ,, so it thinks the door is closed if its all the way open or all the way closed ,,, I do a lot of engraving and don`t want to open and close the door every 10 seconds to swap parts .

If you have questions about it just ask

Easy.
Do like I did and make steel blocks with a magnet on the bottom.
They just clear the proxy switches but still activate them.
They are positioned so when the doors are wide open the control thinks they are closed.
The locks still activate but there's nothing there...:D
Best part is, if OSHA comes swipe the blocks and there's zero evidence.

Ours is a thin piece of aluminum bent to 90 degrees and a magnet that looks like a quarter thin so the door can close over it
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had the opposite problem on my VF2SSYT. OSHA came and made a note that the auger COULD be used with the doors open. Just had to change a parameter. Don't recall which one. Now I can't run the auger with the door open.

I had the opposite problem on my VF2SSYT. OSHA came and made a note that the auger COULD be used with the doors open. Just had to change a parameter. Don't recall which one. Now I can't run the auger with the door open.

That explains why Haas did a mandatory software update to "fix" it. :D

So dumb not allowing you to run it with doors open because now people are going to use magnets to bypass it and and be in a more dangerous situation where the machine can do a tool change or someone could hit cycle start while you got your head in the machine shoveling chips to the auger.

So dumb not allowing you to run it with doors open because now people are going to use magnets to bypass it and and be in a more dangerous situation where the machine can do a tool change or someone could hit cycle start while you got your head in the machine shoveling chips to the auger.

Hum, two-man machines. Never thought of that. :)

Hum, two-man machines. Never thought of that. :)

Never underestimate human stupidity. All it takes is someone goofing off, or someone comes over to talk to you and trips over and accidentally hits cycle start or tool change, or even a mop or broom tips over and hits cycle start and you are toast.

Depends on the software version I think. We have several models, from 2013-2018 and they are all a little different. I *think* on the newest machine we can run the auger with door open using "chip forward" button, but if it is running when door was closed, have to stop it to open the doors?? On an older machine, auger will only run if you keep your finger on the chip forward button...

Basically, software is a little bit different on all (of our) machines. One has one start up routine (e-stop, cycle doors) other one is just reset button and power-up/restart...

That all said, have you tried switching the key between set up and run mode?

The 2018 VF4SS we have at work used to be able to run the auger with the doors open. Then I had them do a software update to fix a bug with the probe and long beeps. No more auger with the door open. That machine uses the fork shaped keys in the door switches. I could get some keys made to bypass the switches, but I'm not taking that risk when I'm not the operator.

The 2019 VF2SSYT I have in my shop at home has the prox style switches with pin locks. I've stuck scraps in there a couple times, but haven't done anything permanent.

Back