What's new
What's new

Way and screw gutter discharge tube content- what is normal.

countryguy

Hot Rolled
TGIF! Just a short question- Now that our 98 VF/4 is running and been 'producing' for a few weeks (our first real run)
I noticed the gutter discharge tube at the rear has coolant draining in addition to oil overflow. How much- After a few weeks about 1/2 gal. is my guess.
I assume some leakage is normal and the gutter is doing its job. Nice to have a production related question finally! :-)

The brass parts on the way covers on X are a bit worn. We replaced the rubber seal on both sides for X. Y front is new Y rear has a new brass strip.

IMG-0078.jpg

Maybe consider adding the oil water separator thing? Then you can send the coolant back into the tank. Basically everything that you put in the bijur oiler will come out the drain. I think the one I added to my 95vf2 is haas 93-30-1508A

Thanks.... we have found one of the Y way cover sections is 1/4" raised from the linked section when extended in Y. Wide open tunnel over that real-estate.
It makes sense how fluid can flow thru the Y way cover in this gap and into the belly gutters and out the drain tube.

I have seen some of the cool separators, (good idea btw!!) to let the coolant (below the oil terminator line) get recovered.

Back