What's new
What's new

What all do I need to buy?

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
When buying a new machine and adding an hrt310 4th axis what all do I need to buy for it to function?

I know I need the drive and wiring but what about cables from control to the table?

When I add the 4th axis to the quote, options appear in the, I think control, drop down menu and not sure if that’s more extras I need to add to select?

Got the shop frame up last week and hiring some guys to finish the insulation and siding so I will be ordering soon.

The unit will have a cable on it and it will just plug into the side of the electrical enclosure right next to the other outlets. That's about all you do.

I does have an airline too.

You'll want some fixturing for the table too. Perhaps a chuck, a vise, and a set of small "T" nuts and studs/strap clamps to hold parts to the table.

Figure a grand for a decent setup, more for higher-end tooling.

Good good good.

For the 4th ima get the 10” and the pneumatic tail stock.

Yes I am going to need a at least a couple good buses and that brings up another question.

How do I get a tooling certificate, if that sort of thing can still be gotten? Like where you buy a 3,000 tool card thats worth 5000 dollars, to buy whatever tooling you need.

The rotary will come with everything you need. I did notice though that on the machine building page, even if you add a 4th axis, you still need to check the box for 4th axis drive and wiring, which looks you did in the OP. I would think it would add that kinda like when you select probing and it automatically adds vps, spindle orientation, etc, but I guess not.

I was thinking the exact same thing Mike, it does it for MQL also,it adds air gun.
But yes I did notice and did check box for 4th drive and wiring but now I’m contemplating just going ahead and getting 4tg and 5th Incase for the future.

The option for the 4th Drive and Wiring, the wiring is the cabling in the cabinet and the quick connects that go thru the cabinet wall.
As mentioned, the Rotary come with the long cable that connects to these quick connects.
Both the 4th and 5th are field up gradable if you don't get it with the machine new.

Back