What's new
What's new

Why am I getting an alarm for renewal

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
My mill is 100 percent paid for so is this something haas forgot change in settings to or is it another crack in the ngc software?

I ask about this a while back because it was just a nuisance. the HFO said "Yes, even though you paid in full they still leave at least one month on there for people that had a snag such as stop payment on the check. After that I understand and didn't bitch too much. So,,, Providing all your payments went through and you are clear they will give you the code no problem.

My mill is 100 percent paid for so is this something haas forgot change in settings to or is it another crack in the ngc software?

Well, yes and no about the NGC

First, G-coder is correct that the machines usually come locked for the first month, but the HFO does have the code in hand.
They don't put it in during install, however will provide it to you immediately upon request.

Now with the NGC...
Apparently, the unlock code gets wiped out during a software update.
That is fine and dandy, except ( twice in my case anyway ) the new software version required a new, different code from the original.
Also provided without any issues, but I had to ask for it nonetheless.

I have a similar problem - 2 machines have been paid off for 2 years, but every 6 months I have to call and get a code. HFO gives it with no problem, but still inconvenient. No software updates in between.

you should ask your HFO for a permanent unlock code, then you won't have to call them for new codes every 6 months. the code will change if you update software, though.

Well, yes and no about the NGC

First, G-coder is correct that the machines usually come locked for the first month, but the HFO does have the code in hand.
They don't put it in during install, however will provide it to you immediately upon request.

Now with the NGC...
Apparently, the unlock code gets wiped out during a software update.
That is fine and dandy, except ( twice in my case anyway ) the new software version required a new, different code from the original.
Also provided without any issues, but I had to ask for it nonetheless.

Not necessarily. Not sure if dictated by locality or ..? We had 2 new machines installed. I thought I would be ahead of the game and get an unlock code right away. They gave me a new code, but still temporary. We had to wait until we had a few days left before they would give us a permanent code.

Not necessarily. Not sure if dictated by locality or ..? We had 2 new machines installed. I thought I would be ahead of the game and get an unlock code right away. They gave me a new code, but still temporary. We had to wait until we had a few days left before they would give us a permanent code.

Quite possibly because THEY did not pay for the machine yet.
From what I understand, the HFO buys the machine from Haas, and you buy the machine from the HFO.
If the HFO paid the full amount, they'll have the code.
if they are doing the 30 day thing with Haas, then the code will be a temp.

Back