Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Do the people that love them ever used an older Haas control circa 2010-2015 or so? Just wondering because I still don't really care for the NGC over those years control. It is far better than any other control I have used (including smooth-x smooth-g, fanuc, milltronics, hurco, etc), but I don't think as good as the little bit older ones. Hit offset once for tool, again for work, and back and forth. WIPS was always F4 then 3 to output to mdi, now it is 2 for mdi output... little things really, but maybe I am just hard headed.
    We have both and the NGC seems more intuitive for folks not experienced. We really take advantage of media output and vqc for probing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by as9100d View Post
    We have both and the NGC seems more intuitive for folks not experienced. We really take advantage of media output and vqc for probing.

The media thing seesm cool and all, but not actually used it for anything. I really dislike the new VQC for probing. Edit, arrow up, arrow over, hit enter, scroll down to the bottom (for single surface) arrow over, enter values *new*

*old*
    hit (can't think of button name offhand LoL)
    arrow over (already at top of page to select screen at this point)
    hit probing/vqc/wips
    select page 1-2-3 depending on cycle
    select number/picture from page
    enter values

I know it looks about the same typing it out, but for me the old style was like muscle memory, didn't need to think much or read, just hit the proper keystrokes...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    The media thing seesm cool and all, but not actually used it for anything. I really dislike the new VQC for probing. Edit, arrow up, arrow over, hit enter, scroll down to the bottom (for single surface) arrow over, enter values *new*

*old*
    hit (can't think of button name offhand LoL)
    arrow over (already at top of page to select screen at this point)
    hit probing/vqc/wips
    select page 1-2-3 depending on cycle
    select number/picture from page
    enter values

I know it looks about the same typing it out, but for me the old style was like muscle memory, didn't need to think much or read, just hit the proper keystrokes...
    The old system was fairly fast, I can do it equally as fast as some of the better machinists we have. Just beep beep beep until you're there.

I will say, I break less probes than anyone else and I fly through probing when I'm on a machine. The way it's all laid out in NGC is just easier on my brain.

Probably just have to get with the times Why are used haas so close to price to a new haas? in 10 years they will change it again I'm sure.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suspect the high resale value of Haas has less to do with the actual machine and more to do with the buyer/user friendly things Haas does. All the videos, the online pricing, getting Haas into education shops, etc. There's about a hundred times the info available if you are hung up on a Haas than a Mitsubishi, for instance.

The OP jumped online and priced out a VF-2; he did not and can not do the same with Brother or Robodrill or Mazak. Not that it's hard to call a distributor, but it's a process.

I'm not knocking the Haas machine itself, horses for courses, just saying I don't think that's the driving factor for high resale price.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People can ask whatever they want for something, but typically the list prices at a reseller and what that same machine might sell for at an auction are very different. If you have a little time to be patient and keep an eye on some of the bid spotter type sites you could probably land yourself a deal.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Based on my experience statement that Haas machines or any CNC machine has high resale value is total myth. Stuff that will sell is something that is priced at fire sale prices so its an incredible deal. Otherwise everything is very, very slow going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

very simple economics folks called supply and demand....haas used pricing can be downright loony sometimes