What's new
What's new

WIPS Z touch off problem

Mskiin

Plastic
I have figured out how to probe the tools and the part. I went through the calibration for WIPS, and the X and Y gets touched off correctly when probing. But when it probes the Z it sets the G54 height to some absurd number like -14.xxx so when my tool is at the top of the part, it shows whatever my touch off height of the tool is. So if the tool height offset is 3.5, it will show a positive 3.5 at the top of the part, so if i sent it to G54 Z0, it would plow through the part. What am I misssing?

Are you using the tool probe on the table if so did you set it up with a known length tool?
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you using the tool probe on the table if so did you set it up with a known length tool?
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did all that again, no change. Then I figured out it has to be running a program to recognize the offset In the position window. Once I put g43 h06 then a g01 movement, it picked up the offset and showed the proper number. When your just positioning outside of a program, it just shows the g54 work offset number. It doesnt include the tool height offset in the position window until it gets into a program and runs. Thanks for the fast response.

Back