What's new
What's new

Workpiece position table

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
I’m asking this question in the HAAS section bc these parts will be machined on one.

Using a new vf series machine,Say I used the center of the table to machine a part. Now 3 months down the line if that section of the table is being used, can I easily move to another area on the table as long as I probe the workpiece?

I know on 4 and 5 axis machine That dwo/tcpc would make that easy but is it the same on a 3 axis machine?

This question is probably pointless as I’m most likely going to order a 4th axis Rotary and will get the above options but just thought it was a good question to ask bc I don’t want to have to go back and add options after the fact.

Of course. I change my work coordinates sometimes 20+ times a day. Do loads of prototyping. I rarely use a centralized work coordinate. For a pallet type situation, sure. But otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I even have a part I make where the work coordinate is almost a foot to the right of the end of the table, works just fine as long as I don't try to go to X0.
The only limiting factor in the world of CNC is your own creativity.

Your welcome to ask questions here but you might want to look into some good programing and setup books ,,, there is a "LOT" of helpful stuff that you would never know existed if you don`t find out about it ,,, I find new faster and easier ways to do stuff all the time even after close to 40 years in the trade...

Perfect answers and just what I wanted to hear and I figured that but I had read on here, somewhere, where it wasn’t as easy as just probing in your part. I’ve been chewing on this while and Work has finally started on my shop so machine will be coming after that and I just wanted ask bc I just couldn’t wrap my mind around how difficult this person said it was to do. Now maybe he didn’t have a probe,that could’ve been it.

And I want to learn as much as I can about cnc machining so suggestions on good reading material and videos, please don’t be shy?

Thanks

Back