What's new
What's new

Can't View Images Hosted by PM when Signed Out

BugRobotics

Stainless
I host images in my PM albums and use the BB code to add the image. I recently realized that if you are not signed into the forum the photos I've posted, that are located in my albums, do not show up.

The issue is there isn't any indication that a photo ever resided in the post. I'm thinking this may be an admin setting that could be changed. Any thoughts?

I've included a test photo below.

attachment.php

I host images in my PM albums and use the BB code to add the image. I recently realized that if you are not signed into the forum the photos I've posted, that are located in my albums, do not show up.

The issue is there isn't any indication that a photo ever resided in the post. I'm thinking this may be an admin setting that could be changed. Any thoughts?

I've included a test photo below.

attachment.php

You are correct, sir. With a filip. It isn't just YOUR needing to be logged in.

It displays when *I* am logged-in. AND NOT when I am NOT logged-in. Whether you are or not, I am sure.

Izzat an artifact of its "album" or folder residence as "location"?

If so, what has worked for me is to post into a thread, first. And only.
ELSE "subscribe", without posting, to the thread of another member.

Afterwards, from my "Subscriptions, I "move" the ones covering, for example, 10EE spindle bearings, into folders by subject.

As it is now my "folders" which contain only "links' (Database Object IDs actually) there is neither duplication of storage, nor interference with visibility to others.

2CW

Thanks for confirming and the workaround.

Is this something that’s been known and is just a, let’s call it “feature”, of the platform? I think it would be great for threads to at least contain some reference to the pics contained within.

Thanks for confirming and the workaround.

Is this something that’s been known and is just a, let’s call it “feature”, of the platform? I think it would be great for threads to at least contain some reference to the pics contained within.

Never knew of anyone storing them other than directly in the thread, so it was all a surprise to me.

I just happened to be an Object/Relational DB guy (PostgreSQL & mainframe, not the tinker-toy kludge VB is married to).

Back