What's new
What's new

Does anyone know what type of drill press this is??

Evanstonian

Plastic
Hi! Someone is offering to sell this for $30. Chuck not included. No marks on it signifying the manufacturer. Apparently it works...spins. Just looks neat. Wondering if it’s worth buying, and will I find a chuck for it. Would be great to know what brand it is and model.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjbu146csny1ags/AAAvbzCbZFeoC6jtOD7956Zua?dl=0

Last edited:
Looks like it is only goood for small parts. If that is what you do offer him 40 with the chuck.
Interesting how the table raises to drill the hole, might be great for countersinking, depending on rpm of motor.
It "might" take small hand drill chucks with a threaded spindle?

I think I know what it is but need pic to be sure. Without pic I’m just guessing but sounds like an old sensitive feed dumore

Horrid back lit pictures ! But it is a sensitive DP ,if Dumore will only drill about 1/8 hole depending on chuck size. And a replacement chuck will cost several times that $30 . Had a Dumore and that elevating table with any wear will be a bit breaker with 1/16 and smaller. BTDTHTS !

Hi. Would you buy it for $30? Where would I find a key for it? Sorry, I meant he doesn’t have the key to the chuck😂 the chuck is on the drill. The guy originally wanted $50 and I suggested $30...he said fine.

Yep, a Dumore 'sensitive' drill... and I've seen a few, but the ONLY place I've ever seen one used, had a carefully sanded pine block mounted on the table, with velvet glued to it, and an abrasive-tipped bit, and a water-dripper. It was being used by an optician to mount frame bracketry to lenses.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were used to drill holes in printed circuit boards, too...

I believe the chuck is a pretty common type... a small-town hardware store PROBABLY has a replacement chuck in their tool parts stock... or scope garage sales for old 1/4" or 3/8" drills that are no longer serviceable.

I do hope you bought it... Very handy item when you need it.

Finding the right chuck key is a matter of persistence. If there's a chuck on it, it prob has a number. If it has a number on it, you can look it up. If you can look it up....

i would buy it.
but to be honest, over the years i have spent money on things that i didn't need. heck, the shelf in my garage is a museum of items i threw money away on. :-)

i don't regret any of the purchases i made.
but i sometimes regret purchases i didn't make.

I do hope you bought it... Very handy item when you need it.

Finding the right chuck key is a matter of persistence. If there's a chuck on it, it prob has a number. If it has a number on it, you can look it up. If you can look it up....

Jacobs Chuck 30243D Multi-Craft Drill Chuck, 0.25" Maximum Capacity, 1-1/8" Sleeve Diameter, 2-1/64" Close Length - Power Drill Chucks - Amazon.com

They claim it is the smallest one Jacobs makes, (NOWADAYS?) ...but even so, I don't know if it is the right one?

The one with my McGonegal J-35 tool post grinder and on the Electro-Mecano sensitive DP are Jacobs "Number 0". Chuck keys can be found for those from the "usual suspects"

Dumore still markets a "similar" sensitive DP, brand-new, may have the info as to how they mounted their chucks if it is trashed and you need to change it.

Back