What's new
What's new

Help with deleting images from file upload manager.

Tommy

Cast Iron
I've tried repeatedly to remove older images from the PM File Upload Manager but cannot find a "delete" function. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm missing something obvious, but I'll be damned if I can find it. Would someone please be so kind as to show me how this is done?

Thanks for your help.

~TW~

Last edited:
It was my understanding (perhaps misunderstanding) that any uploaded images not put in use in a posting were fairly quickly purged (like hours or a couple of days). Since you generally can't edit PM postings long after the fact, there's no way to remove images from a post you made years ago, so no way to remove images once they have been used (even once).

i don't think you can actually delete attachments via the asset manager, what you have to do is going to your user settings (settings link next to My Profile, at the top right of your forum) and click on Attachments (My Settings>Misc) and you can delete them from there.

Solution to Deleting Attachments

EDIT POST
GO ADVANCED
MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
Look at bottom of page to see just the attachments for this post
Check on the X in upper right corner of any undesired pic

The only issue with that is you have to have the edit button in place to make a start - and that button is GONE after 24 hours

EDIT POST
GO ADVANCED
MANAGE ATTACHMENTS
Look at bottom of page to see just the attachments for this post
Check on the X in upper right corner of any undesired pic

Back