What's new
What's new

How do you get a full size embedded image?

jscpm

Titanium
How can I get a full-size embedded image without linking out to an image hosted somewhere else?

Whenever I add an image, either as an attachment /[ATTACH/] or as an image /[IMG/], it appears as a thumbnail which the reader has to click on to see.

How can get the image embedded in the post full size?

Host the image on an exernal website. Use "Insert Image > From URL" when editing your message here on PM.

Note: Most of the "free" image hosting sites make it really hard to link to a just-plain-image URL, because they get their money by decorating your images with ads. I put my images on my own personal website, and have zero trouble linking the results into PM messages.

Host the image on an exernal website. Use "Insert Image > From URL" when editing your message here on PM.

Note: Most of the "free" image hosting sites make it really hard to link to a just-plain-image URL, because they get their money by decorating your images with ads. I put my images on my own personal website, and have zero trouble linking the results into PM messages.

I know that. That's why my questions says "...without linking out to an image hosted somewhere else..."

I believe you can do it by using the URL of an image hosted here.

Let's test:

Complete Lathe Alignment - Part 1.jpg

188853d1484723530-how-do-you-get-full-size-embedded-image-complete-lathe-alignment-part-1.jpg

Yep. It works. Upload your image and create your post. Then click on the image to open in a new tab and copy the URL. Then post that URL in the picture tool and you get full size. Kind of the long way around the barn...

DSC01349-1024.jpg

After you upload and insert the image, double click on it and a window will open with choices to choose for size and positioning.

DSC03392.jpg

If you want really huge, like scroll across the page huge, you must host them elsewhere and use the URL to post here.

I know that. That's why my questions says "...without linking out to an image hosted somewhere else..."

Try for a SMALL image. PM may give you a large one. Or not.

Seems quite the dice-roll.

Qh wait.. Wesley and Mud to the rescue.

Didn't know that re-sizing feature even existed herein.

Wonder if it has to do with my selecting the dumbest of the several available user editing interfaces?

Bill

188863d1484729215-how-do-you-get-full-size-embedded-image-size-change.jpg

Hmmm, struggling with the size change thing. Prefer the albums I think, easy to go through if you wana post in another thread etc.

edit:- done, defo prefer the PM album route

Back