Ignore list management - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, on a few other boards, the person who opens the thread can also close it once they've received their answer -- or when the discussion has wandered off-course from the original query.

That would be another nice feature to have, in addition to the original request (either the feature, or the mod-only login).

Since the "close thread" option is not mine, I request this sub's moderator (and no other) to close this one. Please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Perhaps. I've suspected that myself but on occasions when I looked at the forum on my cell I've accidentally hit the username by mistake, as others have said.
    That happened to me on my PC just this week. I found myself on the troll in question's page and asked myself "Well, how did I get here'? (Cue the Talking Heads)

One of my favorite forums just switched from Vbulletin to exforo and by far the most popular feature among the users so far is the complete disappearance of anyone on your ignore list, no posts, no replies, no started threads, nada. I haven't determined whether the ignored can see the posts of the person ignoring them yet, didn't get an answer to that. Of course, if you can't put someone on the ignore list, that means little in this case.
    I also find a troll being promoted to mod status curious. But I've never run a forum, and don't pretend to understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post

One of my favorite forums just switched from Vbulletin to exforo and by far the most popular feature among the users so far is the complete disappearance of anyone on your ignore list, no posts, no replies, no started threads, nada.
    That sounds great! I think Vbulletin sucks anyway as this is the only place I come to that shows an error page and it does it frequently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do like the fact that other people have had the same problem as me opening items in which I had no interest.
    I have explained to a certain person?? several times about this but he of course knows better. He accused me yesterday of forever reading his profile page and low and behold there he is on my profile page.
    I believe the person has problems in the above the neck department.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    I do like the fact that other people have had the same problem as me opening items in which I had no interest.
    I have explained to a certain person?? several times about this but he of course knows better. He accused me yesterday of forever reading his profile page and low and behold there he is on my profile page.
    I believe the person has problems in the above the neck department.
    And I thought you viewed my profile because we had a bond over reminiscing about cam automatics of days gone by.

6. Likes Scottl, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

8. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like the resident troll's empowerment is growing. He is now commenting in areas he used to stay out of, and as usual, completely out of touch with the subject at hand.

10. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Looks like the resident troll's empowerment is growing. He is now commenting in areas he used to stay out of, and as usual, completely out of touch with the subject at hand.
    Apparently some residents from the "land of the happiest sheeple" are not, eh ?

Also is showing his ignorance to I.R.S. rules, still digging a deeper hole....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Apparently some residents from the "land of the happiest sheeple" are not, eh ?

Also is showing his ignorance to I.R.S. rules, still digging a deeper hole....
    Yes but apart from being an absolute prat,a prize Wally and arrogant he's not a bad bloke. That was before he started losing the plot

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Yes but apart from being an absolute prat,a prize Wally and arrogant he's not a bad bloke. That was before he started losing the plot
    I had to look up what "Prize Wally" meant. Good one, I never heard that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I had to look up what "Prize Wally" meant. Good one, I never heard that one.
    Perhaps he will look it up and realise that just this once I am not paying him a compliment.